Merchandise Processing Coordinator
Here at TJX Canada, we strive our hardest to make sure that, every day, our customers are able to find the latest and greatest designer brand names for less than they'd pay elsewhere. When they walk in the doors of our stores, whether it's a Winners, HomeSense, or Marshalls, savvy shoppers know they'll experience the "Thrill of the Find," which, if you're curious, feels like a slight breeze blowing over the surface of your skin-not a bad feeling, if we do say so ourselves.
But you're not here to feel the breeze. You're here to see if working with TJX Canada is right for you. To help with your decision, we'd like to introduce you to someone who once faced the same choice you have to make.
Ross is one of our Merchandise Processing Coordinators. He's responsible for coordinating the smooth and timely movement of merchandise from the back room to the sales floor, as well as for maintaining the standards - both operational and presentational - of the sales floor. He's got a great understanding of retail operations, but more than that, he's got a keen sense of seasonal fashion-trends. In short, his ability to manage the inventory of his store is nothing less than supernatural.
Of course, he sometimes confuses his left with his right.
But still, this is Ross. He is one of us.
But know this. If you do decide to apply for this position, and we agree that this is the right job for you, you'll be supported by a plethora of internal programs whose only focus is the continued progress of your career. At TJX Canada, we do everything we can to help you achieve your full potential. But we can't do it all ourselves. You'll need to bring the ambition, the motivation, and the drive.
So what do you think? Like Ross, are you one of us?
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Merchandise Processing Coordinators, we'd ask you to do the following:
- Understand and be knowledgeable of BEST operational standards and monitor backroom performance and execution against these standards
- Provide weekly updates on objectives and identify any issues or opportunities pertaining to receiving, processing, layout and organization of the backroom and overall backroom compliance
- Review weekly MAP and CommPak and support communication of change to backroom policies and/or procedures
- In conjunction with the AM Merchandise, incorporate sales information to drive backroom activities (i.e. prioritize the processing of ad/event/seasonal merchandise; anticipate back stock requirements; etc.)
- Be present for the truck receipt and processing
- Train Associates on receiving and processing, BEST operational methods and procedures, backroom maintenance and fixture storage, etc.
- Work with our AM of Merchandise and our Merchandise Coordinators to set priorities for processing to expedite the flow of merchandise to the sales floor
- Training and developing Associates in the backroom and provide customer service for both internal and external customers
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges:
- You have two years of relevant experience, which you can use to build a stable and bright future here at TJX Canada
- You possess strong knowledge of merchandise processing and general knowledge of merchandising and merchandise-flow management, including an understanding of the Company's policies and practices
- You have strong communication skills, including verbal, written, and active-listening skills
- Your customer-service skills include effectively and efficiently responding to Associate inquiries, identifying stated and unstated customer needs, building relationships with Associates, resolving problems that might arise, and referring complex issues to Management
We know some of that might sound a little daunting, but if we're going to meet and exceed our promises to our customers, we have to be committed to hiring the best person for the job.