Here at TJX Canada, we strive our hardest to make sure that, every day, our customers are able to find the latest and greatest designer brand names for less than they'd pay elsewhere. When they walk in the doors of our stores, whether it's a Winners, HomeSense, or Marshalls, savvy shoppers know they'll experience the "Thrill of the Find," which, if you're curious, feels like a slight breeze blowing over the surface of your skin-not a bad feeling, if we do say so ourselves.
But you're not here to feel the breeze. You're here to see if working with TJX Canada is right for you. To help with your decision, we'd like to introduce you to someone who once faced the same choice you have to make.
Joining the TJX Canada team, Jason's primary responsibilities include weekly, monthly, quarterly, and year-end metric reporting. As a Logistics Analyst, he also maintains Key Performance Indicators for both inbound freight movement and store deliveries.
Giving a 100% effort comes naturally to Jason, and he has received many impressive industry awards over the last two decades for his commitment to logistical excellence. In his spare time, Jason builds model train sets, which also take plenty of focus and strict attention to details.
This is Jason. He is one of us.
But know this. If you do decide to apply for this position, and we agree that this is the right job for you, you'll be supported by a plethora of internal programs whose only focus is the continued progress of your career. At TJX Canada, we do everything we can to help you achieve your full potential. But we can't do it all ourselves. You'll need to bring the ambition, the motivation, and the drive.
So what do you think? Like Jason, are you one of us?
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Logistics Analysts, we'd ask you to do the following:
- Prepare all transportation reporting (monthly, weekly, quarterly, and annually) for store delivery and inbound merchandise
- Analyze actual performance relative to forecasts and budgets for store delivery and inbound merchandise
- Perform ad-hoc analysis, including cost benefits and return-on-investment strategies
- Gather information for all transportation bids and analysis
- Prepare monthly financial accruals for unbilled activity
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges:
- You possess the required education and previous hands-on transportation experience
- Your computer skills include data management, spreadsheets, macros, database applications, tools (Access, Applix, TM1), word processing, e-mail, and mainframe applications
- You possess advanced research and analytical skills, which include information gathering and data analysis
- Your proficiency in general accounting duties is a huge asset to our organization
- Your problem-solving skills allow you to identify and resolve Transportation issues, and follow up with the appropriate people and departments (i.e. delays, inaccuracies, etc.)
- Your communication skills include written reporting and analysis, as well as daily verbal contact with various departments, carriers, etc.
- Your organizational skills offer you the ability to prioritize your reports and tasks, and allow you to complete your projects within the established deadlines
We know some of that might sound a little daunting, but if we're going to meet and exceed our promises to our customers, we have to be committed to hiring the best person for the job.