Junior Technical Analyst, Desktop
Here at TJX Canada, we strive our hardest to make sure that, every day, our customers are able to find the latest and greatest designer brand names for less than they'd pay elsewhere. When they walk through the doors of our stores, whether it's a Winners, HomeSense, or Marshalls, savvy shoppers know they'll experience the "Thrill of the Find," which, if you're curious, feels like a slight breeze blowing over the surface of your skin-not a bad feeling, if we do say so ourselves.
But you're not here to feel the breeze. You're here to see if working with TJX Canada is right for you. To help with your decision, we'd like to introduce you to someone who once faced the same choice you have to make.
Todd is one of our Junior Technical Analysts, Desktop. He's responsible for providing administration, implementation, and support of the end user hardware and software technologies. He also provides 1st level support for the systems infrastructure.
Todd came on board shortly after earning his diploma in Computer Systems. He was eager to apply everything he learned in the classroom to his new role. We're pretty sure that working in the real-world taught him a few things, too. The exciting part about the IT field is that there's always something new to learn. Always.
This is Todd. He is one of us.
If you do decide to apply for this position, and we agree that this is the right job for you, you'll be supported by a plethora of internal programs whose only focus is the continued progress of your career. At TJX Canada, we do everything we can to help you achieve your full potential. But we can't do it all ourselves. You'll need to bring the ambition, the motivation, and the drive.
So what do you think? Like Todd, are you one of us?
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Junior Technical Analysts, Desktop, we'd ask you to do the following:
- Provide basic desktop support activities including off-shift support for incident management.
- Perform routine desktop and administration maintenance and changes.
- Participate in the implementation of process improvements and work on project teams.
- Work closely with all IT teams to escalate complex technical incidents and problems.
- Contribute to or be informed about decision-making for support and solution approaches.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges:
- You must have at least 1 year of IT experience and a diploma in Computer Systems, Systems Administration, or related technical program.
- You have technical knowledge of packaging and deployment tools (SCCM, LANDesk).
- You have the ability to develop and script basic to moderate application packages (Install Shield).
- You are proficient with using scripting languages (Microsoft VBA, PowerShell).
- You have diverse technical knowledge (Windows OS, Microsoft Office, etc.).
- You have strong customer service and communication skills (verbal and written).
- You have great organizational and time management skills, including the ability to multitask, adapt to constantly changing priorities, and meet demands.
- You demonstrate ability and willingness to learn.
- You understand incident/change management principles and best practices.
- You understand basic concepts in IT systems and networking.
We know some of that might sound a little daunting, but if we're going to meet and exceed our promises to our customers, we have to be committed to hiring the best person for the job.