Junior Financial Analyst
Here at TJX Canada, we strive our hardest to make sure that, every day, our customers are able to find the latest and greatest designer brand names for less than they'd pay elsewhere. When they walk through the doors of our stores, whether it's a Winners, HomeSense, or Marshalls, savvy shoppers know they'll experience the "Thrill of the Find," which, if you're curious, feels like a slight breeze blowing over the surface of your skin-not a bad feeling, if we do say so ourselves.
But you're not here to feel the breeze. You're here to see if working with TJX Canada is right for you. To help with your decision, we'd like to introduce you to someone who once faced the same choice you have to make.
Riz is one of our Junior Financial Analysts. He is responsible for assisting with specific accounting and general financial business partnership functions, including budgeting and forecasting among other day-to-day reporting functions.
Having prior accounting experience, Riz came to the role with the ability to help assist teams with month-end reporting. He is a whiz with spreadsheets and tells us that he is at his best when there's a sense of urgency to the work. Give this guy a deadline, and he will thrive under pressure.
Riz works by the numbers but he lives for fantasy baseball. He can tell you the complete statistics for every player in major league history. Okay, not every player, but dozens of them. Batting. Baserunning. Pitching. Fielding. It's a sickness.
But still, this is Riz. He is one of us.
If you do decide to apply for this position, and we agree that this is the right job for you, you'll be supported by a plethora of internal programs whose only focus is the continued progress of your career. At TJX Canada, we do everything we can to help you achieve your full potential. But we can't do it all ourselves. You'll need to bring the ambition, the motivation, and the drive.
So what do you think? Like Riz, are you one of us?
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Junior Financial Analysts, we'd ask you to do the following:
- Participate in month-end and year-end closing processes: posting accrual/recodes, conducting variance analysis, and preparing reports/schedules
- Publish monthly store and regional reporting
- Close Lawson Subsystems on a monthly basis
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations for the assigned General Ledger accounts
- Help with the development of the annual plan for assigned cost centers
- Support Financial Analysis team with the preparation of month-end reports
- Publish monthly, quarterly, and annual reports
- Assist in ad hoc analysis, reporting, and administrative functions as needed
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges:
- You have at least one year of experience in financial reporting or budgeting capacity (or similar business experience)
- You have post-secondary education in finance or economics and working towards an accounting designation (CGA/CMA)
- You are skilled in general accounting procedures (GAAP), including the ability to identify assets, liabilities, income statement accounts, debits, and credits
- You understand the Company's policies and procedures
- You are proactive and possess excellent communication skills and problem solving skills
- You have solid computer skills, including strong spreadsheet skills (Excel) and knowledge of accounting software
- You have strong organizational and time management skills
- Your interpersonal skills include conflict management, information gathering, and decision making
- Your customer service skills include effectively and efficiently responding to associate inquiries and building relationships with external departments
- You have proven ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
We know some of that might sound a little daunting, but if we're going to meet and exceed our promises to our customers, we have to be committed to hiring the best person for the job.