Implementation Project Specialist-Bilingual
Here at TJX Canada, we strive our hardest to make sure that, every day, our customers are able to find the latest and greatest designer brand names for less than they'd pay elsewhere. When they walk in the doors of our stores, whether it's a Winners, HomeSense, or Marshalls, savvy shoppers know they'll experience the "Thrill of the Find," which, if you're curious, feels like a slight breeze blowing over the surface of your skin-not a bad feeling, if we do say so ourselves.
But you're not here to feel the breeze. You're here to see if working with TJX Canada is right for you. To help with your decision, we'd like to introduce you to someone who once faced the same choice you have to make.
As one of our Implementation Project Specialists, Jacob is responsible for assisting in the creation and execution of small-to-medium project plans and for creating and communicating vendor schedules for all of our new store, relocation, and remodeling initiatives.
Of course, Jacob is also a writer who has published one novel and a short story collection. He's working on a second novel now, but he won't tell us if we're in it or not.
Still, this is Jacob. He is one of us.
But know this. If you do decide to apply for this position, and we agree that this is the right job for you, you'll be supported by a plethora of internal programs whose only focus is the continued progress of your career. At TJX Canada, we do everything we can to help you achieve your full potential. But we can't do it all ourselves. You'll need to bring the ambition, the motivation, and the drive.
So what do you think? Like Jacob, are you one of us?
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Implementation Project Specialists, we'd ask you to do the following:
- Assist in the creation of project plans for small to medium projects involving new-store-opening implementation and existing store systems upgrades
- Execute on project-plan deliverables by coordinating the implementation of all new, existing, and relocated store-systems initiatives and oversee the progress of all store-system wiring, hardware, and software implementations
- Assist in managing vendors and applicable store-systems resources during project deployment to ensure project completion dates are met on time and within budget
- Schedule and acquire quotes and pricing with appropriate vendors for all store installations
- Provide detailed reports to the Senior Implementation Project Specialist and Project Leader Implementation regarding the status of each project
- Documents project-status meetings and review findings with team members on a regularly scheduled basis, including providing written updates to Store Operations, TJX Technical Support, DCS, and the TJX Network group
- Assist the Senior Implementation Project Specialist in identifying and advising the necessary teams of any scope/floor-plan changes to modify project plans/design plans
- Partner with stores to create, maintain, and update issue logs during project roll-outs and also travel to stores for pre- and post-implementation surveys and to support grand openings
- Ensure adherence to all PCI standards, controls, and legalities through constant re-engineering of security protocols via TJX Legal
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges:
- You've done enough mental heavy lifting to earn your college diploma (or you have equivalent experience in project management)
- You are fluent in French and English (both verbal and written)
- You have at least two years of technical experience, which you can use to build a stable and bright future here at WMI
- You possess sound organizational and time-management skills, including the ability to multitask in the work place and adapt to constantly changing priorities and demands
- You have the ability to operate independently as well as in a team environment
- You possess good personal skills, such as resourcefulness and the ability to think in methodical, analytical, and logical manner; you also pay close attention to detail
- You have (at least) intermediate problem-solving and troubleshooting skills, including the analysis of information (i.e. client and system requirements, etc.) and providing staff with solutions to problems
- Your intermediate project-support skills include preparing and maintaining detailed development plans for projects, identifying potential problems, and creating contingency plans to avoid or alleviate issues from occurring
- You possess intermediate to advanced communication skills, including both written and verbal (bilingualism would be an asset)
- You have intermediate presentation skills for project demonstrations and training
- Your computer skills, include databases (for schedules and inventory database), email, and MS Office, and Lotus applications
- You have knowledge of operating systems such as UNIX, DOS, Windows and LINUX
We know some of that might sound a little daunting, but if we're going to meet and exceed our promises to our customers, we have to be committed to hiring the best person for the job.