Implementation Project Coordinator Co-op - January
Here at TJX Canada, we strive our hardest to make sure that, every day, our customers are able to find the latest and greatest designer brand names for less than they'd pay elsewhere. When they walk through the doors of our stores, whether it's a Winners, HomeSense, or Marshalls, savvy shoppers know they'll experience the "Thrill of the Find," which, if you're curious, feels like a slight breeze blowing over the surface of your skin-not a bad feeling, if we do say so ourselves.
But you're not here to feel the breeze. You're here to see if working with TJX Canada is right for you. To help with your decision, we'd like to introduce you to someone who once faced the same choice you have to make.
Val is one of our Implementation Project Coordinators. She's responsible for creating and communicating vendor schedules for all new stores, relocations and remodels. She creates project plans and rolls out schedules for all store projects. Val always achieves a high level of customer satisfaction and finishes projects within budget and on time. It's what she calls a triple play. And it's what we call a job well done.
Of course, she also has a thing for coordinating marathon weekends with her gal pals, where they binge-watch entire seasons of shows they've been meaning to see. It's like a book club, only with a TV. And some popcorn.
This is Val. She is one of us.
If you do decide to apply for this position, and we agree that this is the right job for you, you'll be supported by a plethora of internal programs whose only focus is the continued progress of your career. At TJX Canada, we do everything we can to help you achieve your full potential. But we can't do it all ourselves. You'll need to bring the ambition, the motivation, and the drive.
So what do you think? Like Val, are you one of us?
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Implementation Project Coordinators, we'd ask you to do the following:
- Schedule appropriate vendors for all new and existing store installations.
- Work closely with vendors and end-users to create schedules that successfully roll out projects to the field in a specific time frame.
- Schedule timely project status meetings and provide updates in writing to various team members, such as Store Operations, TJX Technical Support, DCS and the TJX Network Group.
- Identify and advise of any scope/floor plan changes to modify the project/design plan.
- Contact stores to create, maintain, and update issues logs during project rollouts.
- Assist Senior Project Analysts in project management, including PO process, equipment inventory, and rollout scheduling.
- Manage small projects as required.
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges:
- You are currently enrolled in a Computer Systems, Systems Administration, or related technical program; any technical experience (both hardware and software) or project management is an asset; bilingual in both English and French (written and oral) also considered an asset.
- You have strong organizational and time management skills, including the ability to multitask in the workplace, and adapt to constantly changing priorities and demands.
- You are capable of operating independently, as well as in a team environment.
- You are personable, resourceful, and demonstrate the ability to think in a methodical, analytical, and logical manner.
- You work with an attention to detail and maintain a positive attitude.
- You have strong troubleshooting skills, including analysis of information (i.e. client and system requirements, etc.) and providing Associates with solutions to problems.
- Your project support skills include: preparing and maintaining detailed development plans, identifying potential problems, and creating contingency plans to avoid or alleviate potential issues from occurring.
- You have honed your presentation skills for project demonstrations and training.
- Your computer skills include word processing, spreadsheets (for schedules and inventory database) and e-mail, in Word, Excel and Lotus applications.
- You are comfortable with Operating Systems such as Unix, Dos, Windows, and Linux.
We know some of that might sound a little daunting, but if we're going to meet and exceed our promises to our customers, we have to be committed to hiring the best person for the job.