Home Product Coordinator (Co-op)
Here at TJX Canada, we strive our hardest to make sure that, every day, our customers are able to find the latest and greatest designer brand names for less than they'd pay elsewhere. When they walk through the doors of our stores, whether it's a Winners, HomeSense, or Marshalls, savvy shoppers know they'll experience the "Thrill of the Find," which, if you're curious, feels like a slight breeze blowing over the surface of your skin-not a bad feeling, if we do say so ourselves.
But you're not here to feel the breeze. You're here to see if working with TJX Canada is right for you. To help with your decision, we'd like to introduce you to someone who once faced the same choice you have to make.
Mila is one of our Home Product Coordinators (Co-op). She supports the needs of the Merchants and Product Development team to assist in creating, brainstorming, and technically mocking up design trend ideas in a timely and effective manner.
It's a thing of beauty to watch Mila brainstorm concepts and turn them into custom illustrations using Photoshop. Of course, she can also work wonders with just a few colored pencils and a sketchbook.
This is Mila. She is one of us.
If you do decide to apply for this position, and we agree that this is the right job for you, you'll be supported by a plethora of internal programs whose only focus is the continued progress of your career. At TJX Canada, we do everything we can to help you achieve your full potential. But we can't do it all ourselves. You'll need to bring the ambition, the motivation, and the drive.
So what do you think? Like Mila, are you one of us?
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Home Product Coordinators (Co-op), we'd ask you to do the following:
- Support the Product Development team to create basic technical layouts of product using programs such as: PowerPoint, Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Assist with product design projects from conceptual to technical communication packages for vendors as directed.
- Prepare and research inspiration for home categories.
- Visit retail competition with Product Development team on a quarterly basis for trend and product research purposes.
- Maintain the Product Development team resources: trend information, Pantone colours, shop photos and shop lists by city.
- Conduct TJX Canada store visits on a regular basis to review Product Development production to ensure quality is being delivered and to understand how trends are translated at the department level.
- Share information and best practices to keep others well informed and leverage resources.
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges:
- You have at least two years of experience working in a product development environment.
- You have a graduate degree/diploma with specialized fashion/textile qualifications.
- You have strong computer skills in PowerPoint, Adobe Illustrator, and Photoshop.
- You have knowledge of the BFPQ buying components.
- You have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- You are able to work independently and with limited supervision.
- You are a strong team player.
- You have strong organizational skills and can handle multiple projects at one time.
- You are detail oriented.
- You have a good understanding of product construction and scale ratio.
- You have a strong understanding of current fashion and trends.
We know some of that might sound a little daunting, but if we're going to meet and exceed our promises to our customers, we have to be committed to hiring the best person for the job.