Here at TJX Canada, we strive our hardest to make sure that, every day, our customers are able to find the latest and greatest designer brand names for less than they'd pay elsewhere. When they walk through the doors of our stores, whether it's a Winners, HomeSense, or Marshalls, savvy shoppers know they'll experience the "Thrill of the Find," which, if you're curious, feels like a slight breeze blowing over the surface of your skin-not a bad feeling, if we do say so ourselves.
But you're not here to feel the breeze. You're here to see if working with TJX Canada is right for you. To help with your decision, we'd like to introduce you to someone who once faced the same choice you have to make.
Lindsey is one of our Finance Administrators. She's responsible for assisting the Tax Specialist with the commodity tax and insurance function at TJX Canada. She supports tax audits by assisting with reviews to ensure merchandise is properly taxed and arranging for insurance certificates for our stores.
On the weekends, Lindsey enjoys baking. Though we have never sampled anything, we hear dogs can't get enough of her recipes. She literally makes treats for pets. Isn't that sweet?
This is Lindsey. She is one of us.
If you do decide to apply for this position, and we agree that this is the right job for you, you'll be supported by a plethora of internal programs whose only focus is the continued progress of your career. At TJX Canada, we do everything we can to help you achieve your full potential. But we can't do it all ourselves. You'll need to bring the ambition, the motivation, and the drive.
So what do you think? Like Lindsey, are you one of us?
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Finance Administrators, we'd ask you to do the following:
- Retrieve data using a variety of sources including Lawson and Lawson Query Wizard
- Retrieve documents including invoices from ACI and archives.
- Copy and assemble information.
- Data compilation/sorting and presenting data using Pivot Tables and other Excel functions.
- Contact our insurance broker and internal resources to arrange for appropriate insurance certificates.
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges:
- You have proven customer service skills, including responding efficiently and effectively to enquiries from Landlords.
- You have strong computer skills, including spreadsheet skills (MS Excel), use of Pivot Tables and VLOOKUPS.
- You have time management skills and interpersonal skills.
- Your enrollment in a post-secondary institution would be an asset.
We know some of that might sound a little daunting, but if we're going to meet and exceed our promises to our customers, we have to be committed to hiring the best person for the job.