Distribution Services Financial Analyst
Here at TJX Canada, we strive our hardest to make sure that, every day, our customers are able to find the latest and greatest designer brand names for less than they'd pay elsewhere. When they walk through the doors of our stores, whether it's a Winners, HomeSense, or Marshalls, savvy shoppers know they'll experience the "Thrill of the Find," which, if you're curious, feels like a slight breeze blowing over the surface of your skin-not a bad feeling, if we do say so ourselves.
But you're not here to feel the breeze. You're here to see if working with TJX Canada is right for you. To help with your decision, we'd like to introduce you to someone who once faced the same choice you have to make.
Lyle is our Distribution Services Financial Analyst. He is responsible for sourcing, tracking and analyzing DC operational and financial information.
He helps Distribution Services and Operations Managers forecast, plan, and operate effectively by providing accurate process reports.
Along with gathering information, Lyle enjoys collecting old record covers. His entire living room wall looks like a shrine to '70s funk bands.
Still, this is Lyle. He is one of us.
If you do decide to apply for this position, and we agree that this is the right job for you, you'll be supported by a plethora of internal programs whose only focus is the continued progress of your career. At TJX Canada, we do everything we can to help you achieve your full potential. But we can't do it all ourselves. You'll need to bring the ambition, the motivation, and the drive.
So what do you think? Like Lyle, are you one of us?
Now, if you were to come on board as our Distribution Services Financial Analyst, we'd ask you to do the following:
- Prepare, reconcile and analyze various production related reports, including productivity, processing, Output Per Hour (OPH) and payroll analysis on a daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis.
- Ensure management has the most current and accurate operational information.
- Prepare and provide input for the monthly rolling plans and month-end forecasts.
- Assist with the annual budget preparation for the Distribution Centre, including the completion of maintenance budgets.
- Analyze DC maintenance department expenses and variances to budget and rolling plan.
- Track, code, and reconcile all DC expense invoices, DC purchase orders, and DC Capital Expenditures.
- Prepare DC expense accruals for the fiscal month.
- Gather information and prepare a weekly KPI report for the DC AVP.
- Administer DC Petty Cash of $1,500.
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges:
- You have knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
- You have knowledge of Distribution Services processes and procedures.
- You have problem-solving skills including identifying and resolving problems related to expense invoices and operational data.
- You have research and analytical skills (information gathering, data analysis, etc.).
- You have organizational skills including ensuring accurate production information is received from 40 plus departments on a daily basis.
- You have the ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team.
- You have strong written- and verbal-communication skills.
- You have issue-management skills including time management, meeting deadlines, prioritizing, and multi-tasking.
- You have interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with internal and external customers at all levels.
- You have computer skills including advanced Excel, Word, E-mail, and TMI.
We know some of that might sound a little daunting, but if we're going to meet and exceed our promises to our customers, we have to be committed to hiring the best person for the job.