Here at TJX Canada, we strive our hardest to make sure that, every day, our customers are able to find the latest and greatest designer brand names for less than they'd pay elsewhere. When they walk in the doors of our stores, whether it's a Winners, HomeSense, or Marshalls, savvy shoppers know they'll experience the "Thrill of the Find," which, if you're curious, feels like a slight breeze blowing over the surface of your skin-not a bad feeling, if we do say so ourselves.
But you're not here to feel the breeze. You're here to see if working with TJX Canada is right for you. To help with your decision, we'd like to introduce you to someone who once faced the same choice you have to make.
As one our of Data Clerks, Jonathan is responsible for administrative functions and the entry of all appropriate information into the coordinating computer systems. He also supports all Data Centre functions, including the Data Centre, Receiving/Shipping, and DC Supplies.
Of course, Jonathan is also a marathon runner, which is probably why he accomplishes all of his tasks while also humming the theme song from Rocky.
Still, this is Jonathan. He is one of us.
But know this. If you do decide to apply for this position, and we agree that this is the right job for you, you'll be supported by a plethora of internal programs whose only focus is the continued progress of your career. At TJX Canada, we do everything we can to help you achieve your full potential. But we can't do it all ourselves. You'll need to bring the ambition, the motivation, and the drive.
So what do you think? Like Jonathan, are you one of us?
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Data Clerks, we'd ask you to do the following:
- Coordinate, handle, and verify workflow within respective Data Centre functions
- Maintain effective communication through various communication tools (i.e. email, telephone, etc.) with various internal and external partners to compile and action daily tasks as per area requirement
- Ensure that all enquiries are responded to within 24 hours and forward pertinent information obtained through daily communication to appropriate authorities
- Ensure accurate entry, printing, and distribution of information received from internal and external sources into WMI systems
- Manage and create various systems logs/reports/tickets/labels, as required by functional area, and distribute accordingly
- Perform routine preventative maintenance (i.e. shut down, clean, etc.) on miscellaneous Data Centre equipment (i.e. printers)
- Prepare related management reports and spreadsheets (i.e. daily production reports, spreadsheets for tracking supply ordering & use, off-line ticket production, etc.) as required
- Operate as a cross-functional support for all Operations Clerical positions within Distribution Services
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges:
- You have one year of experience in data entry, which you can use to build a stable and bright future here at WMI
- Preferably, you possess knowledge of Data Centre and Receiving operations within Distribution Services
- You have general administrative skills, effective communication skills (including verbal, written, and reading skills), and strong analytical skills (including the ability to problem solve)
- Your customer service skills allow you to effectively and efficiently respond to inquiries and identify stated and unstated customer needs
- You have accuracy and speed in keyboarding skills (45 headers per hour), including manual dexterity (SCAN data entry via Norand handheld terminals), and spreadsheet, word processing and math skills (i.e. experience with MS Excel and MS Word)
- You work effectively with minimal supervision
We know some of that might sound a little daunting, but if we're going to meet and exceed our promises to our customers, we have to be committed to hiring the best person for the job.