Bilingual Payroll Coordinator
Here at TJX Canada., we strive our hardest to make sure that, every day, our customers are able to find the latest and greatest designer brand names for less than they'd pay elsewhere. When they walk in the doors of our stores, whether it's a Winners, HomeSense, or Marshalls, savvy shoppers know they'll experience the "Thrill of the Find," which, if you're curious, feels like a slight breeze blowing over the surface of your skin-not a bad feeling, if we do say so ourselves.
But you're not here to feel the breeze. You're here to see if working with TJX Canada is right for you. To help with your decision, we'd like to introduce you to someone who once faced the same choice you have to make.
Terrence works as a Bilingual Payroll Coordinator. That's a fancy way of saying he's responsible for making sure all of our Associates are paid accurately and on time. He's the go-to guy when Associates have issues or questions related to their pay. He shares his expertise with ease and respect.
How did Terrence become such a great communicator? We're pretty sure it's because he grew up with the Internet. He loves technology and builds websites in his spare time. He's always the first in line to get the new smartphone. You can call him, email him, text him, chat him, whatever. His preferred method of communication is "all." But if he had to choose just one tool it would most definitely be Excel.
This is Terrence. He is one of us.
But know this. If you do decide to apply for this position, and we agree that this is the right job for you, you'll be supported by a plethora of internal programs whose only focus is the continued progress of your career. At TJX Canada, we do everything we can to help you achieve your full potential. But we can't do it all ourselves. You'll need to bring the ambition, the motivation, and the drive.
So what do you think? Like Terrence, are you one of us?
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Bilingual Payroll Coordinators, we'd ask you to do the following:
- Meet all bi-weekly deadlines to ensure that our Associates are paid in an accurate and timely manner.
- Calculate, enter, and audit payroll adjustments for mid-pay actions (hires, terminations, transfers, etc.) and retroactive pay adjustments.
- Calculate and issue manual cheques as required.
- Issue ROE's (some must be manually prepared).
- Respond to Associates, Managers, and District Managers to resolve issues related to pay.
- Ensure ongoing departmental compliance with Sarbanes Oxley, company policy, and audit requirements.
- Respond to verbal and written inquiries in both English and French.
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges:
- You are bilingual in French and English (written and verbal).
- You have 2-10 years of experience in payroll; yes, we're open to newcomers and seasoned professionals.
- You have enrolled in or completed certification as Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP).
- You have working knowledge of payroll practices and procedures.
- You have a demonstrated ability to maintain confidential information.
- You have current knowledge of provincial and federal legislation relating to payroll, familiarity with internal and external audit requirements, and the ability to develop a good understanding of our policies and practices.
- You have knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley requirements relating to payroll.
- Your analytical and problem-solving skills have supported successful resolution of pay-related issues.
- You have the ability work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment and to meet strict deadlines within that environment.
- Your customer-service and interpersonal skills allow you to take a team-player approach to effectively and efficiently respond to various issues and needs.
- You have knowledge of HR and payroll software applications (Ultipro, Oracle), time and attendance applications (Kronos), and a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Your communication skills are top notch.
We know some of that might sound a little daunting, but if we're going to meet and exceed our promises to our customers, we have to be committed to hiring the best person for the job.