Assistant Manager of Operations
Here at TJX Canada we strive our hardest to make sure that, every day, our customers are able to find the latest and greatest designer brand names for less than they'd pay elsewhere. When they walk in the doors of our stores, whether it's a Winners, HomeSense, or Marshalls, savvy shoppers know they'll experience the "Thrill of the Find," which, if you're curious, feels like a slight breeze blowing over the surface of your skin-not a bad feeling, if we do say so ourselves.
But you're not here to feel the breeze. You're here to see if working with TJX Canada is right for you. To help with your decision, we'd like to introduce you to someone who once faced the same choice you have to make.
As one of our Assistant Managers of Operations, Gordy helps the team make sure all aspects of the store - from customer service to human resources to the cash office - are running the way they should be. He assists in supervising and training associates, manages the in-store communications, contests, and charity events, and conducts compliance audits for various areas of the store. With his two years of previous experience, Gordy is a great communicator and coach.
In fact, he coaches his son's basketball team. Which is great, except when he gets a little overenthusiastic at work and starts yelling "C'mon guys! Hustle!"
But this is Gordy. He is one of us.
If you do decide to apply for this position, and we agree that this is the right job for you, you'll be supported by a plethora of internal programs whose only focus is the continued progress of your career. At TJX Canada, we do everything we can to help you achieve your full potential. But we can't do it all ourselves. You'll need to bring the ambition, the motivation, and the drive.
So what do you think? Like Gordy, are you one of us?
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Assistant Managers of Operations, we'd ask you to do the following:
- Ensure "Total Store Awareness" and have full accountability for the business in the absence of the AM of Customer Service, AM of Merchandising, and the Store Manager
- Manage Store Operations, store/associate file administration, and the daily activities of the Cash Office
- Have a full understanding and knowledge of BEST operational standards, and continuously monitor store's actual performance and execution against these standards
- Develop an effective operational team
- Manage the Markdown process, ensuring the Markdown Centre is established and maintained, and coach, train and develop the members of the markdown team
- Conduct compliance audits for respective areas
- Participate in the effective execution of the Manager On-Duty program
- Support frontline processes
- Lead and conduct daily huddles in conjunction with the Management team, making sure to involve Coordinators and/or Store Associates to discuss operations opportunities and achievements, and to ensure that all operational updates, issues, or challenges have been clearly communicated to all store Associates (all shifts)
- Manage the communication of information, which includes ensuring that all bulletin boards are current and exciting, leading store contests, and supporting charity events
- Manage store visitors, using this time to discuss all of the activities, issues, new programs or plans of action you have implemented in operations
- Reinforce and support the compliance to store structure and compensation guidelines, and partner with Management to ensure that training programs are conducted (i.e. Safe Operating Procedures)
- Create a positive environment that fosters open and continuous communication and information sharing among all Associates
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges:
- You've earned your high school diploma
- You have two to three years of related experience, which you can use to build a stable and bright future here at TJX Canada
- Your core skills include planning, prioritizing, leading large groups, developing people, and executing tasks with knowledge and confidence
- You have such a high degree of problem-solving and decision-making skills that referees should ask your opinion instead of going to instant replay
We know some of that might sound a little daunting, but if we're going to meet and exceed our promises to our customers, we have to be committed to hiring the best person for the job.?