Accounts Payable Vendor Relations Administrator
Here at TJX Canada, we strive our hardest to make sure that, every day, our customers are able to find the latest and greatest designer brand names for less than they'd pay elsewhere. When they walk through the doors of our stores, whether it's a Winners, HomeSense or Marshalls, savvy shoppers know they'll experience the "Thrill of the Find," which, if you're curious, feels like a slight breeze blowing over the surface of your skin-not a bad feeling, if we do say so ourselves.
But you're not here to feel the breeze. You're here to see if working with TJX Canada is right for you. To help with your decision, we'd like to introduce you to someone who once faced the same choice you have to make.
As one of our Accounts Payable Vendor Relations Administrators, Leo is responsible for building and maintaining excellent vendor relations by providing professional and timely service to our business partners, as well as handling planning inquiries. He also supports his Supervisor and Manager with reviewing and approving invoice adjustments.
Leo joined us with about a year of experience in an accounting role. Of course, he also brought with him a lifetime of experience perfecting his homemade barbeque sauce. He detailed out all of his tried and tested formulas in a spreadsheet. Now that's one Excel doc we would love to see.
This is Leo. He is one of us.
But know this. If you do decide to apply for this position, and we agree that this is the right job for you, you'll be supported by a plethora of internal programs whose only focus is the continued progress of your career. At TJX Canada, we do everything we can to help you achieve your full potential. But we can't do it all ourselves. You'll need to bring the ambition, the motivation, and the drive.
So what do you think? Like Leo, are you one of us?
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Accounts Payable Vendor Relations Coordinators, we'd ask you to do the following:
- Verify and approve adjustments due to discrepancies identified.
- Vendor setup and updates in Lawson.
- Operational accuracy validation.
- Invoice maintenance.
- Verify and release pending invoices.
- Assist with other tasks or special projects as assigned by Management.
- Ensure that timelines are met and workflow is consistent.
- Act as a liaison between specific departments and vendors on various discrepancy issues.
- Provide support, guidance, and training to team members as required, including the resolution of invoice problems, discrepancies, and issues.
- Ensure all department controls are maintained.
- Maintain confidentiality of information.
- Other related duties.
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges:
- You have at least 1 to 2 years of experience in business, accounting, finance or related or equivalent work experience; post-secondary education preferred.
- You have a good understanding of Accounts Payables controls, policies, and procedures.
- You have time management skills (ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and complete special projects on time).
- You have good communication skills, including written and verbal.
- You have good issue management skills, including time management, information gathering, customer service and interpersonal skills including conflict management.
- You have good problem solving skills (identifying and correcting errors as they occur, paying attention to detail) including analytical and research skills.
- You have good organizational skills.
- You have good computer skills, including accounting applications (Lawson), Spreadsheets (Excel), keyboarding, Word Processing, and e-mail.
We know some of that might sound a little daunting, but if we're going to meet and exceed our promises to our customers, we have to be committed to hiring the best person for the job.