Product Support Specialist
Being part of The Globe and Mail team requires a passion for excellence and an unwavering commitment to innovate in a fast-paced and dynamically evolving environment. Demonstrating these characteristics in the workplace every day is what makes our people the foundation of our success. We support a culture in which employees can live their ideals, develop their abilities, creatively contribute to the success of the organization and be recognized, appreciated and rewarded for doing so. If you are the best in your field, we'd like to hear from you. The Product Support Specialist (PSS) is a key role in the Customer Care department that works directly with Customer Service Representatives (phone and email) to help achieve First Call Resolution service levels for the company's readers and subscribers. The PSS will be the key escalation point of contact for external CSRs for the assigned products. This person also is the key liaison between the Customer Care department and internal Product Managers.
- Provide technical and applications support to Customer Care CSRs for field-reported problems associated with computer browsers, various software applications, and devices, including isolating issues, troubleshooting, resolving and following up accordingly.
- Provide call-back / email assistance directly to readers and subscribers for escalated issues.
- Escalate difficult or urgent technical requests to the designated Product Managers.
- Create, update and maintain trouble tickets for product(s) and the Email Management System (EMS).
- Support internal teams (sales / marketing, partner channel, implementation, and support) in fulfilling requests for support for product offering(s) including product installation, product configuration, testing and training.
- Interact with third party providers as necessary.
- Provide consistent approach and best practice techniques in problem evaluation and resolution.
Note: Possible shift and weekend work schedule
Note: Some international travel may be required for this position
- Minimum of 3 years working in a technical, customer support role or / and post-secondary degree in an equivalent field
- Intimate knowledge of Globe and Mail Customer Care systems (SAP, APEX, Globeandmail.com, Oracle) is an asset
- In depth knowledge of Globe and Mail suite of Digital products with a specialization in technical troubleshooting (GlobeInvestorGold, Globe Unlimited, Globe2Go, and cursory knowledge of GlobeAdvisor and the Pro Station) is an asset
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Suite and ability to learn and use web-based SaaS tools
- Proficiency in PC and Macintosh desktop browsers and differences between versions
- Proficient in understanding and use of the web and digital technology and general ease of learning new and updated technologies
- Strong ability and knowledge of tablet and mobile technology including Apple iOS, Android and Blackberry devices
- Strong understanding of SSO concepts, social login and overall digital account access options
- Understanding of financial investment (stocks, funds, etc.) and various online investment tools from The Globe is an asset
- Previous experience in a technical troubleshooting for digital products an asset At The Globe and Mail, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported.
The Globe and Mail offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
TalentEgg will send your application to: PSS043.Globeandmail@hiredesk.net