Student, Laboratory Assistant
Reporting to the coordinator, product handling, you will be in charge of the safe and accurate testing of hydrocarbons samples, under the mentorship of our fully qualified personnel. You will also be accountable for accurate data documentation and overall general housekeeping of the laboratory.
- Work safely and responsibly in a laboratory environment
- Participate in the testing of fuels ensuring consistency and accuracy
- Enter data and test results of completing blends in the lab information management system (LIMS)
- Ability to follow and execute American society for testing and materials (ASTM) test methods
- Monitor and retain samples and lab supplies
- Laboratory housekeeping
Experience and Education:
- Currently enrolled in an accredited post-secondary institution, and returning to full-time studies after the work term (Sept 2017)
- Post-secondary studies in a Science discipline is considered an asset
- Attach your transcripts with your application in order to be considered
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
Skills and Knowledge:
- Safety conscious and understand, appreciate, and demonstrate safe work practices
- Consistently apply testing guidelines and processes to deliver accurate and recurring results
- Effectively transcribe and document data according to prescribed procedures and requirements
- Ability to prioritize work requirements through the day, ensuring all responsibilities are concluded timely and effectively
- Capacity to work both in a team environment and independently
- Solid communication skills and the ability to converse effectively in a reciprocal setting
- This position will be based in Port Moody, BC at the Burrard Products Terminal
- This position will be a standard work day Monday - Friday, 7:00am - 4:00 pm
- This is a four month work term, from May 2017 to August 2017
Start your career at one of Canada's leading companies. Suncor looks for people who have the best to offer, and provides the same in return. We are committed to sustainable, ethical growth - Suncor is a company where you can contribute in a meaningful way, grow your skills and career, and achieve success.
Suncor Energy is Canada's energy company - meaning rewarding opportunities for you to apply your knowledge, contribute and grow in a variety of career-building positions. Our business portfolio spans the entire energy sector, from a leadership position in oil sands development, to refining and marketing operations, natural gas, and conventional oil production, internationally and offshore East Coast Canada.
And while we are working to responsibly develop petroleum resources and contribute to the communities where we live and work, we are also developing our renewable energy portfolio, which includes wind power and biofuels.
As part of Suncor's team, you'll contribute to the ongoing success of Canada's largest energy company - one with a solid track record of growth, a focus on safety and sustainability and tremendous potential for the future. And you'll have the opportunity to learn from experts in the industry and build on your skills every day.
Suncor is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Not sure if this particular listing is the right opportunity for you? Please join our Talent Community at www.suncor.com and click on Careers, or follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job listings and employment news.
Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so if you are interested and qualified, apply now.