Student - Co-op - Community Investment
Reporting to the senior advisor, Suncor energy foundation and community investment, you will support many aspects of the community investment communications team. You will be a key partner of the broader Suncor communications team, gaining exposure to Calgary-based events and sponsorships that will include opportunities to coordinate and implement project plans of various scopes and sizes.
- Work with senior advisor and Suncor communications team to deliver on communications activities such as intranet and suncor.com updates, standard advertisements, presentation materials, speaking notes for representatives and story development for internal and external communications and social media content
Experience and Education
- Currently registered in a communications, public relations or non-profit management degree program at an accredited post-secondary institution with a plan to continue your degree after the work term
- Attach your transcripts with your application in order to be considered; clearly indicate the length of work term for which you are available
- High school diploma or general education diploma (GED)
Skills and Knowledge
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects/assignments
- Enthusiastic, detail oriented, self-starter
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work on own and in a team environment
- Culturally sensitive and able to work effectively with people from diverse backgrounds
- Previous experience working in or with non-profit organizations is an asset
- This is a Calgary based position
- This is a temporary position for a period of twelve months
Start your career at one of Canada's leading companies. Suncor looks for people who have the best to offer, and provides the same in return. We are committed to sustainable, ethical growth - Suncor is a company where you can contribute in a meaningful way, grow your skills and career, and achieve success.
Suncor Energy is Canada's energy company - meaning rewarding opportunities for you to apply your knowledge, contribute and grow in a variety of career-building positions. Our business portfolio spans the entire energy sector, from a leadership position in oil sands development, to refining and marketing operations, natural gas, and conventional oil production, internationally and offshore East Coast Canada.
And while we are working to responsibly develop petroleum resources and contribute to the communities where we live and work, we are also developing our renewable energy portfolio, which includes wind power and biofuels.
As part of Suncor's team, you'll contribute to the ongoing success of Canada's largest energy company - one with a solid track record of growth, a focus on safety and sustainability and tremendous potential for the future. And you'll have the opportunity to learn from experts in the industry and build on your skills every day.
Suncor promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Suncor is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. At Suncor, we are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communitities in which we live, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Not sure if this particular listing is the right opportunity for you? Please join our Talent Community at www.suncor.com and click on Careers, or follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job listings and employment news.
Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so if you are interested and qualified, apply now.