Student - Category Management
As a key member of Category Management, this role will work closely with the Category Portfolio team and a number of internal and external stakeholders to execute both the Annual Category Marketing Plans and the day-to-day activities of the portfolio. This role offers the opportunity to enhance one's Marketing and Category Management skills. The role will help identify opportunities and provide recommendations on product development and assortment, promotional campaigns, pricing decisions, and placement of products.
- Review vendor cost increases and recommend manufacturer's suggested retail price (MSRP) increases based on margin analysis
- Assist with movement and initial buy quantity forecast analysis on new listings and preparation of auto-distribution lists
- Process new product listings, track promotional post-audit details, and conduct line pricing and margin analysis
- Develop and update portfolio's promotional calendar
- Develop communications to share with stakeholders on program changes and launches
- Respond to Category Management Requests (CMRs)
- Assist with the management of the Associate Supplier Program (ASP)
Experience and Education:
- Currently enrolled in a business undergraduate degree at an accredited post-secondary institution, and returning to full-time studies after the work term
- Attach your transcripts with your application in order to be considered; clearly indicate the length of work term for which you are
Skills and Knowledge:
- Advanced computer skills, particularly in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, excellent time management skills, and the ability to multi-task
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written);
- Motivated, self-starter who can work well independently or within a team environment
- You have the ability and desire to increase technical knowledge and work in a fast-paced team environment
- This is a four or eight - month work term, starting in September 2017
Start your career at one of Canada's leading companies. Suncor looks for people who have the best to offer, and provides the same in return. We are committed to sustainable, ethical growth - Suncor is a company where you can contribute in a meaningful way, grow your skills and career, and achieve success.
Suncor Energy is Canada's energy company - meaning rewarding opportunities for you to apply your knowledge, contribute and grow in a variety of career-building positions. Our business portfolio spans the entire energy sector, from a leadership position in oil sands development, to refining and marketing operations, natural gas, and conventional oil production, internationally and offshore East Coast Canada.
And while we are working to responsibly develop petroleum resources and contribute to the communities where we live and work, we are also developing our renewable energy portfolio, which includes wind power and biofuels.
As part of Suncor's team, you'll contribute to the ongoing success of Canada's largest energy company - one with a solid track record of growth, a focus on safety and sustainability and tremendous potential for the future. And you'll have the opportunity to learn from experts in the industry and build on your skills every day.
Suncor promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Suncor is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. At Suncor, we are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communitities in which we live, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Not sure if this particular listing is the right opportunity for you? Please join our Talent Community at www.suncor.com and click on Careers, or follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job listings and employment news.
Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so if you are interested and qualified, apply now.