Reliability Specialist, Business Services
Reporting to the senior reliability engineer, you will be responsible for the successful optimization of cost, risk and performance for mine mobile assets throughout their lifecycle. This is ensured by creating and implementing lifecycle models to support equipment strategies; assessing and trending risk, capital and running expenditures and asset performance; by applying lifespan systems and methodologies; and by creating a long term view of asset life investment requirement.
- Develop and implement lifecycle plans for mobile equipment, which provide reasoning and support for asset life extension, replacement, and upgrade programs
- Maintain the annual mobile mining and reliability business services budget
- Work scope development for mobile mining equipment maintenance/ improvements
- Create forecasts of capital and running investments related to the mobile assets
- Assess the effectiveness of existing asset maintenance strategies and provide recommendations for improvement, where necessary
- Develop equipment availability and reliability projections to support mine long range planning and budget requirements
- Capture and analyze asset performance trends and provide recommendations for improvement, where necessary
- Develop scoping study and justifications for mobile equipment replacement, life extension and capital component management
- Monitor capital project implementation
- Conduct emissions and energy reporting and develop and monitor reduction programs
Experience and Education:
- Minimum of two years of business/finance related experience in a mining environment
- Experience with mobile mining equipment is considered an asset
- Bachelor's degree or diploma from an accredited university/ college (a business, finance or project management background is considered an asset)
Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Project, Visio, PowerPoint)
- Working knowledge of Xeras, SAP and Livelink
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills
- Robust collaboration and independent working skills that consistently meet time deadlines
Go ahead. Expect growth. We want you to have a job you're genuinely excited about - as well as opportunities to learn and challenge yourself or mentor others. Plus, Suncor Energy offers a flexible employee package that can be adjusted to suit the changing needs of your life, including:
- Competitive base salary and compensation programs
- Attractive annual incentive program
- Flexible benefits package
- Rewarding pension and savings plans
About Fort Hills
Travel just 90 kilometres north of Fort McMurray, Alberta and you'll find Fort Hills, the largest undeveloped oil sands mining asset in the region with more than 50 years of life expectancy. Fort Hills is being developed in a joint venture between Suncor, Total and Teck Resources, and Suncor is the site operator.
Fort Hills is a camp based work site with brand new lodge-style accommodations for contractors and employees. You'll either fly to and from work with Sunjet, Suncor's private airline, from one of our hubs in Western Canada or bus-in/bus-out from Fort McMurray. Flexible travel assistance may also be available to get you to and from our hubs if you live in Western Canada.
Our lodges are modern, with comfortable living quarters and free, fresh meals. You'll also enjoy:
- Movie theatre
- A multi-sports/gymnasium complex available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- A games room
- A golf simulator
- Convenience store
- Chef prepared meals
- Market-style cafeteria and more.
Suncor Energy is Canada's energy company - meaning rewarding opportunities for you to apply your knowledge, contribute and grow in a variety of career-building positions. Our business portfolio spans the entire energy sector, from a leadership position in oil sands development, to refining and marketing operations, natural gas, and conventional oil production, internationally and offshore East Coast Canada.
And while we are working to responsibly develop petroleum resources and contribute to the communities where we live and work, we are also developing our renewable energy portfolio, which includes wind power and biofuels.
As part of Suncor's team, you'll contribute to the ongoing success of Canada's largest energy company - one with a solid track record of growth, a focus on safety and sustainability and tremendous potential for the future. And you'll have the opportunity to learn from experts in the industry and build on your skills every day.
Suncor is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Not sure if this particular listing is the right opportunity for you? Please join our Talent Community at www.suncor.com and click on Careers, or follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job listings and employment news.
Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so if you are interested and qualified, apply now.