Quality Assurance Inspector, Piping
Reporting into the manager QA/QC, upstream you will have prime responsibility for organizing, directing and carrying out visual inspections. You will be supporting in-service inspections of boilers and pressure vessels, including inspection activities related to the repair and/or alterations of boilers and pressure vessels under the QA integrity management system (IMS) at the Fort MacKay location.
- Review vessel inspection history prior to inspections
- Maintain a close relationship with the non-destructive examination (NDE) inspector who will provide NDE support for completing inspection activities to ensure we meet our requirements
- Familiar with characteristics and causes of potential damage
- Perform external and internal visual inspections and recommend repairs based on findings
- Develop specific inspection scopes
- Perform installation inspections on new equipment and pressure relief valves (PRV)
- Evaluate and accept non-destructive testing (NDT) examination results and approve reports
- Review and accept contracted API certified inspectors work
- Ensure all inspection activities performed are in accordance with QA IMS and ensure assets are maintained within compliance of the Alberta Safety Codes Act
- Perform integrity assessments based on inspection history/findings
- Ensure pressure equipment is inspected and serviced as per the assigned interval and maintain all inspection and historical records
Experience and Education
- 2 years' experience preferably in the oil and gas industry. Site based experience is desirable
- Certified to API 510 pressure vessel inspection code: in-service inspection, rating, repair and alteration
- An ABSA in-service pressure vessel or ABSA in-service boiler & pressure vessel inspector certificate of competency is preferred
- Canadian Welding Bureau certification as a welding inspector with endorsement in pressure vessels, boilers and heat exchanges (ASME VIII-IX) is highly desirable
- Valid Alberta Journeyman Certificate or an Interprovincial Red Seal Journeyman mechanic, pipefitter or boilermaker certificate
Skills and Knowledge
- Demonstrate knowledge of QA IMS and its application
- Able to use SAP applications to handle various notification and work orders
- Analyze results of inspections and formulate adequate recommendations for corrective actions
- You continually seek greater knowledge about the systems, processes and hazards in the workplace, in order to understand not just what you do but why you do it
- You constantly ask what could go wrong and check for out-of-the-ordinary conditions and learn to anticipate potential problems
- The shift schedule is a 4 days on/3 days off rotation, 10 hours per day
- Approximately 60% of your time will be spent in the pursuit of field related inspections
- Available for call-out emergency situations and shutdown and plant turnaround coverage
Go ahead. Expect growth. We want you to have a job you're genuinely excited about - as well as opportunities to learn and challenge yourself or mentor others. Plus, Suncor Energy offers a flexible employee package that can be adjusted to suit the changing needs of your life, including:
- Competitive base salary and compensation programs
- Attractive annual incentive program
- Flexible benefits package
- Rewarding pension and savings plans
Suncor Energy is Canada's energy company - meaning rewarding opportunities for you to apply your knowledge, contribute and grow in a variety of career-building positions. Our business portfolio spans the entire energy sector, from a leadership position in oil sands development, to refining and marketing operations, natural gas, and conventional oil production, internationally and offshore East Coast Canada.
And while we are working to responsibly develop petroleum resources and contribute to the communities where we live and work, we are also developing our renewable energy portfolio, which includes wind power and biofuels.
As part of Suncor's team, you'll contribute to the ongoing success of Canada's largest energy company - one with a solid track record of growth, a focus on safety and sustainability and tremendous potential for the future. And you'll have the opportunity to learn from experts in the industry and build on your skills every day.
Suncor promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Suncor is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. At Suncor, we are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communitities in which we live, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Not sure if this particular listing is the right opportunity for you? Please join our Talent Community at www.suncor.com and click on Careers, or follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job listings and employment news.
Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so if you are interested and qualified, apply now.