New Grad EIT Electrical Engineering
Suncor Energy, Canada's largest energy company, is looking for an Engineer-in-Training. Suncor operates an EIT training program, where EIT's are given the opportunity to work in a few diverse positions while gaining the experience to qualify for their P. Eng. These positions can be throughout the company, and the purpose of the program is to give the employee a broad background in the work that Suncor does and expose them to many different aspects of the business. At the outset, it is not possible to determine what these positions will be, but they will be determined by considering both the Company's needs as well as the EIT's interests and aptitudes. Once the professional designation is achieved, a career path within the organization would begin. The term of this position is expected to be about 12 - 18 months, and would then be followed by another position within Suncor's EIT training program.
- Participate in the preparation of simple or routine tasks utilizing established procedures, techniques, or methods.
- May carry out routine technical surveys or inspections and prepare reports.
- Assist with the preparation of electrical engineering budgets and estimates.
- Prepare and modify electrical standards and specifications for use on the project.
- Prepare and modify electrical engineering documents including single lines, Schematic diagrams, area classification, substation layouts, grounding plans, cable tray and lighting arrangements.
- Perform power system studies and engineering calculations.
- Prepare equipment list, load list and electrical engineering calculation logs.
- Assist with the preparation of project electrical material takeoffs.
- Assist with time expenditure on electrical engineering execution and evaluate progress.
- Evaluate and assist in definition of shop and field quality assurance inspection requirements.
- Assist with preparation of electrical engineering schedule.
- Participate in the development of the detailed engineering work packages (EWP) and construction work packages (CWP).
Suncor is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Eligible to become and Engineer in Training with APEGGA
- Relevant Oil and Gas experience considered an asset
- Successful applicant should be a confident team player with strong leadership potential.
- Self starter who can work with minimal supervision
- Flexible and will view change as an opportunity.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Comfortable with travel and varied hours
Education and Experience:
Enrolled in a 4 year Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering. Masters degree considered an asset.
Put yourself in our picture. At Suncor, we're invested in your success. We want you to have a job you're genuinely excited about - as well as opportunities to learn, grow and challenge yourself. When you join Suncor, you're signing on with one of Canada's largest energy companies. You'll be part of a skilled and diverse team geared to your success. We want you to believe in your value, feel trusted and supported and know that you can excel and have a secure, long-term and vibrant career.
Plus, Suncor Energy offers a flexible employee package that can be adjusted to suit the changing needs of your life, including:
- competitive base salary and compensation programs
- attractive annual incentive program
- flexible benefits package
- rewarding pension and savings plans
Suncor Energy is Canada's energy company - meaning rewarding opportunities for you to apply your knowledge, contribute and grow in a variety of career-building positions. Our business portfolio spans the entire energy sector, from a leadership position in oil sands development, to refining and marketing operations, natural gas, and conventional oil production, internationally and offshore East Coast Canada.
And while we are working to responsibly develop petroleum resources and contribute to the communities where we live and work, we are also developing our renewable energy portfolio, which includes wind power and biofuels.
As part of Suncor's team, you'll contribute to the ongoing success of Canada's largest energy company - one with a solid track record of growth, a focus on safety and sustainability and tremendous potential for the future. And you'll have the opportunity to learn from experts in the industry and build on your skills every day.