Heavy Equipment Technician, Mobile Equipment
As a valuable member of the Fort Hills mining project and reporting to the shift supervisor, you will be responsible for supporting the Fort Hills mine maintenance team by safely maintaining the heavy equipment fleet to ensure optimum reliability and availability of the assets.
- Execute all planned maintenance inspections and repairs on all types of heavy and auxiliary equipment, as required
- Execute running maintenance repairs on the Fort Hills equipment, including troubleshooting hydraulic systems, engines, transmissions, electronics, etc.
- Remove and replace major components (engines, transmissions, wheel motors, etc.)
- Ensure that preventative maintenance guidelines are adhered to and maintain complete and accurate records associated with the technical and preventative aspects of this position
- Actively participate in post-event failure analysis and root cause discussions, and contribute to developing solutions
- Safely operate company provided equipment
- Assist in the writing of practices and procedures for repairs and the implementation of approved modifications for the heavy equipment and auxiliary fleet
- Maintain routine records of work performed; leak management
Experience and Education:
- Two or more years of post-apprenticeship experience maintaining mining heavy equipment
- Experience with Caterpillar (CAT) auxiliary equipment, Komatsu haul trucks, Hitachi shovels and P&H 4100 shovels will be considered an asset
- Valid Alberta Journeyman Heavy Equipment Technician (Off Road) Certificate or an Interprovincial Red Seal Journeyman Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic/Heavy Equipment Technician (Off Road) Certificate; attach your journeyman / red seal ticket with your application in order to be considered
- High school diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
- Possess a valid driver's licence and a clean driving record
Skills and Knowledge:
- Exceptional mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills
- Proficiency with computers to retrieve data for equipment maintenance
- Prior experience with SAP is an asset
- Exceptionally strong safety focus and safety record
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills with the ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Start date: April/May 2017
- This position has been identified as safety sensitive
- This is a camp-based position at the Fort Hills site
- Shift schedule is a seven days on/seven days off rotation (seven days on, seven days off, seven nights on, seven nights off; 12-hour shifts)
- You will be required to perform some heavy lifting, use of ladders and working on elevated work sites such as scaffolds and towers with the ability to perform in a variety of different environments both indoor and outdoor as well as within confined spaces
Go ahead. Expect growth. We want you to have a job you're genuinely excited about - as well as opportunities to learn and challenge yourself or mentor others. Plus, Suncor Energy offers a flexible employee package that can be adjusted to suit the changing needs of your life, including:
- Competitive base salary and compensation programs
- Attractive annual incentive program
- Flexible benefits package
- Rewarding pension and savings plans
About Fort Hills
Travel just 90 kilometres north of Fort McMurray, Alberta and you'll find Fort Hills, the largest undeveloped oil sands mining asset in the region with more than 50 years of life expectancy. Fort Hills is being developed in a joint venture between Suncor, Total and Teck Resources, and Suncor is the site operator.
Fort Hills is a camp based work site with brand new lodge-style accommodations for contractors and employees. You'll either fly to and from work with Sunjet, Suncor's private airline, from one of our hubs in Western Canada or bus-in/bus-out from Fort McMurray. Flexible travel assistance may also be available to get you to and from our hubs if you live in Western Canada.
Our lodges are modern, with comfortable living quarters and free, fresh meals. You'll also enjoy:
- Movie theatre
- A multi-sports/gymnasium complex available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- A games room
- A golf simulator
- Convenience store
- Chef prepared meals
- Market-style cafeteria and more.
Suncor Energy is Canada's energy company - meaning rewarding opportunities for you to apply your knowledge, contribute and grow in a variety of career-building positions. Our business portfolio spans the entire energy sector, from a leadership position in oil sands development, to refining and marketing operations, natural gas, and conventional oil production, internationally and offshore East Coast Canada.
And while we are working to responsibly develop petroleum resources and contribute to the communities where we live and work, we are also developing our renewable energy portfolio, which includes wind power and biofuels.
As part of Suncor's team, you'll contribute to the ongoing success of Canada's largest energy company - one with a solid track record of growth, a focus on safety and sustainability and tremendous potential for the future. And you'll have the opportunity to learn from experts in the industry and build on your skills every day.
Suncor is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Not sure if this particular listing is the right opportunity for you? Please join our Talent Community at www.suncor.com and click on Careers, or follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job listings and employment news.
Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so if you are interested and qualified, apply now.