Fixed Plant Operator Trainee
Reporting to the shift supervisor, upgrading, you will be responsible for maintaining the safe and reliable operation of upgrading processes to optimize production in an environmentally responsible manner. You will actively learn all operating units within their assigned upgrading progression at the facility and progress in increasing levels of responsibility at the site.
- Perform plant operation duties for smooth and efficient operations
- Ensure plant-related issues beyond the scope of this position are brought to the attention of the shift supervisor in a timely fashion
- Prepare and complete daily area logs and communicate significant changes and findings to the shift supervisor
- Provide direction and supervision to maintenance and contract personnel performing maintenance and other plant duties
- Ensure timely action during plant upsets and process adjustments are made consistent with operational objectives and target outputs
- Ensure shift change is communicated well
- Ensure the safety of personnel working within the assigned area and ensure that process and policies are followed during operations
Experience and Education:
- Previous plant operations experience in heavy oil processing, sour gas processing, water treatment/power plants or refinery operations
- Third Class Power Engineering certification or more and must be ABSA certified
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
- Possess a valid driver's licence and a clean driving record
Skills and Knowledge:
- Mechanical aptitude to allow the hands-on operation of plant equipment
- Knowledge of workplace hazardous materials information systems (WHMIS) and occupational health and safety (OH&S) regulations
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting and decision making skills
- Ability to work and communicate in a team environment
- You hold others accountable, and expect others to do the same
- This position has been identified as safety sensitive
- The shift schedule is a six days on/six days off rotation (three days on, three days off, three nights on, three nights off; 12-hour shifts)
- If you reside outside of Fort McMurray, relocation of your primary residence to within 60 km of Fort McMurray is mandatory
- Relocation support will be provided; we offer highly competitive housing assistance to eligible candidates
Go ahead. Expect growth. We want you to have a job you're genuinely excited about - as well as opportunities to learn and challenge yourself or mentor others. Plus, Suncor Energy offers a flexible employee package that can be adjusted to suit the changing needs of your life, including:
- Competitive base salary and compensation programs
- Attractive annual incentive program
- Flexible benefits package
- Rewarding pension and savings plans
Suncor Energy is Canada's energy company - meaning rewarding opportunities for you to apply your knowledge, contribute and grow in a variety of career-building positions. Our business portfolio spans the entire energy sector, from a leadership position in oil sands development, to refining and marketing operations, natural gas, and conventional oil production, internationally and offshore East Coast Canada.
And while we are working to responsibly develop petroleum resources and contribute to the communities where we live and work, we are also developing our renewable energy portfolio, which includes wind power and biofuels.
As part of Suncor's team, you'll contribute to the ongoing success of Canada's largest energy company - one with a solid track record of growth, a focus on safety and sustainability and tremendous potential for the future. And you'll have the opportunity to learn from experts in the industry and build on your skills every day.
Suncor is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Not sure if this particular listing is the right opportunity for you? Please join our Talent Community at www.suncor.com and click on Careers, or follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job listings and employment news.
Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so if you are interested and qualified, apply now.