Co-op Student, Process Automation
Reporting to the manager, process automation, you will be responsible for providing support for various projects in our process automation engineering department.
- Configure, install, and maintain multiple computer systems
- Work with process control network servers, switch, firewall, and wiring issues
- Assist users in a variety of hardware and software applications, including instrumentation, process automation and laboratory services
- Assist with project coordination from initial scope development through to commissioning
- Troubleshoot technical problems
- Gain hands-on exposure to project management, refinery operations and maintenance processes
- Provide process improvement recommendations aimed at optimizing the Edmonton refinery assets and work processes
Experience and Education:
- Previous experience working in oil and gas and/or an industrial setting is considered an asset
- Currently enrolled full-time in 3rd or 4th year of a computer science degree at an accredited university and returning to full-time studies after the work term
- Attach your transcripts with your application in order to be considered; please clearly indicate the length of work term for which you are available
Skills and Knowledge:
- Excellent computer skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent networking, communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability and desire to increase technical knowledge
- Capability to work in a fast-paced, team environment
This position is based at the Edmonton refinery for an eight-month work term beginning in May 2017 Public transportation is not readily available; you must have your own means of transportation
Start your career at one of Canada's leading companies. Suncor looks for people who have the best to offer, and provides the same in return. We are committed to sustainable, ethical growth - Suncor is a company where you can contribute in a meaningful way, grow your skills and career, and achieve success.
Suncor Energy is Canada's energy company - meaning rewarding opportunities for you to apply your knowledge, contribute and grow in a variety of career-building positions. Our business portfolio spans the entire energy sector, from a leadership position in oil sands development, to refining and marketing operations, natural gas, and conventional oil production, internationally and offshore East Coast Canada.
And while we are working to responsibly develop petroleum resources and contribute to the communities where we live and work, we are also developing our renewable energy portfolio, which includes wind power and biofuels.
As part of Suncor's team, you'll contribute to the ongoing success of Canada's largest energy company - one with a solid track record of growth, a focus on safety and sustainability and tremendous potential for the future. And you'll have the opportunity to learn from experts in the industry and build on your skills every day.
Suncor is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Not sure if this particular listing is the right opportunity for you? Please join our Talent Community at www.suncor.com and click on Careers, or follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job listings and employment news.
Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so if you are interested and qualified, apply now.