Co-op Student, Mining Engineering
Are you ready to turn your passion into experience? We are hiring mining co-op placements in projects and reclamation, mine systems and reporting, and short range planning.
Projects And Reclamation
Reporting to the manager, projects and reclamation, you will work in the mine engineering group. You will be a member of a team comprised of professional engineers and engineers in training. You will:
- Assist with tracking soil movement, analyzing survey data and producing weekly maps
- Assisting to coordinate projects, ordering materials, organizing deliveries, and managing project timelines
- Creation of project scope descriptions and maps
- Tracking and scheduling of projects, evaluate contractor resource allocation
Mine Systems And Reporting
Reporting to the manager, mine systems and reporting, you will work in the mine engineering group as a member of a team comprised of professional engineers, engineers in training and other students. You will:
- Verify dispatch data integrity and data analysis
- Report and investigate daily on production & performance of the mine's fleet using the dispatch system and an SQL database
- Develop new and specialized reporting tools on demand
Short Range Planning
Reporting to the manager, short range planning, you will work in the mine, reclamation, and tailings engineering group as a member of a team comprised of professional engineers, technologists, engineers in training and other students. You will:
- Produce ore plan and inventory spreadsheets
- Build weekly plan maps and designing reserve polygons required for dispatch
- Small-scale projects such as road designs or small civil designs
Education and Experience:
- Registered in a mining engineering bachelor degree program
- You must be returning to school after your work term is completed to be eligible and include transcripts and a cover letter detailing when you are available and length of co-op term you are interested in with your application
Skills and Knowledge:
- Enthusiastic and detail oriented
- Self-starter, ability to work independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to work in a team environment
- These are 8, and 12 month mining co-op student positions starting in September 2017.
- These positions are located in Fort McMurray
- Office based positions with field exposure ranging from occasional to regular
Start your career at one of Canada's leading companies. Suncor looks for people who have the best to offer, and provides the same in return. We are committed to sustainable, ethical growth - Suncor is a company where you can contribute in a meaningful way, grow your skills and career, and achieve success.
Suncor Energy is Canada's energy company - meaning rewarding opportunities for you to apply your knowledge, contribute and grow in a variety of career-building positions. Our business portfolio spans the entire energy sector, from a leadership position in oil sands development, to refining and marketing operations, natural gas, and conventional oil production, internationally and offshore East Coast Canada.
And while we are working to responsibly develop petroleum resources and contribute to the communities where we live and work, we are also developing our renewable energy portfolio, which includes wind power and biofuels.
As part of Suncor's team, you'll contribute to the ongoing success of Canada's largest energy company - one with a solid track record of growth, a focus on safety and sustainability and tremendous potential for the future. And you'll have the opportunity to learn from experts in the industry and build on your skills every day.
Suncor is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Not sure if this particular listing is the right opportunity for you? Please join our Talent Community at www.suncor.com and click on Careers, or follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job listings and employment news.
Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so if you are interested and qualified, apply now.