Co-op Student, Geology
Under the supervision of our team of experienced petroleum geologists, you will participate in projects on assigned geographic areas and stratigraphic intervals, which will expose you to exploration and development concepts and techniques used by geoscientists in the petroleum industry. We have a number of geology opportunities across the Suncor business for you to gain valuable work experience.
- Integrate surface and subsurface data into cross-section and mapping products
- Develop familiarity of project area and interval(s) of interest through searches of existing publications and reports
- Interpret the well log, well test and/or core, or seismic information to describe interval(s) of interest
- Create various subsurface maps to describe geographic distribution of interval(s) of interest
- Synthesize findings into summary reports, including recommendations for future work
Experience and Education:
- Previous experience in sedimentary basins or in petroleum industry related jobs would be an asset
- Currently enrolled in 4th year of a geology degree at an accredited post-secondary institution, and returning to full-time studies after the work term
- Attach your transcripts with your application in order to be considered; clearly indicate the length of work term for which you are available
Skills and Knowledge:
- Excellent computer skills; knowledge of Petrel or Accumap would be an asset
- The ability and desire to increase your technical knowledge and to work in a fast-paced team environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- You constantly ask what could go wrong and check for out-of-the-ordinary conditions and learn to anticipate potential problems
We have positions based in Fort Hills, Fort McMurray, Edmonton, and Calgary for a 4, 8, or 12 month term
Start your career at one of Canada's leading companies. Suncor looks for people who have the best to offer, and provides the same in return. We are committed to sustainable, ethical growth - Suncor is a company where you can contribute in a meaningful way, grow your skills and career, and achieve success.
Suncor Energy is Canada's energy company - meaning rewarding opportunities for you to apply your knowledge, contribute and grow in a variety of career-building positions. Our business portfolio spans the entire energy sector, from a leadership position in oil sands development, to refining and marketing operations, natural gas, and conventional oil production, internationally and offshore East Coast Canada.
And while we are working to responsibly develop petroleum resources and contribute to the communities where we live and work, we are also developing our renewable energy portfolio, which includes wind power and biofuels.
As part of Suncor's team, you'll contribute to the ongoing success of Canada's largest energy company - one with a solid track record of growth, a focus on safety and sustainability and tremendous potential for the future. And you'll have the opportunity to learn from experts in the industry and build on your skills every day.
Suncor is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Not sure if this particular listing is the right opportunity for you? Please join our Talent Community at www.suncor.com and click on Careers, or follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job listings and employment news.
Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so if you are interested and qualified, apply now.