Co-op Student, Engineering
Are you an enthusiastic, results oriented and self-motivated engineering student? We have a number of opportunities within our upstream (oil sands and in situ) business function including Fort Hills, major projects and business services.
- Assist with the completion of engineering work packages and material requisition packages
- Craft solutions to technical issues and in the verification of implementation of these solutions
- Understand and optimize current operations and develop, maintain and implement a long-term depletion plan and make forecasts by using numerical simulation
- Develop and manage tools for tracking process data for analysis and metrics reporting
- Review daily production data for accuracy and capture in data management systems
- Prepare and present summary reports, performance metrics reports, graphical representation and PowerPoint presentations as required
- Provide regulatory support to growth applications
- Assist in the development of production profiles to support long range plans
- Use thermal reservoir simulators for optimizing depletion strategies
- Understand and support current production as well as develop and implement production strategies for future steam-assisted gravity drainage (SAGD) developments using basic concepts of thermodynamics to interpret the SAGD process as well as troubleshoot any production issues
- Work on history matching and developing new wellbore modeling tools
- Optimize completion designs of pumps, instrumentation, flow controls and tubulars
- Assist in the development of mine planning standards, policies and systems; the design of mine-site infrastructure (ditches, haul roads, stockpiles) and other development activities
Experience and Education:
- Currently enrolled full-time in 2nd, 3rd or 4th year of an engineering program at an accredited university and returning to full-time studies after the work term
- Attach your transcripts with your application in order to be considered; please clearly indicate the length of work term for which you are available
Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong computer skills with intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel as well as working knowledge of process system software, Matlab, Aspen Plus, 2D Drafting using AutoCAD, and/ or process system modeling using HYSYS is an asset
- Ability to perform mass and energy balance calculations is an asset
- An understanding of oil and gas production and processing is an asset
- Work accuracy, attention to detail and ability to analyze data is fundamental
- You continually seek greater knowledge about the systems, processes and hazards in the workplace, in order to understand not just what you do but why you do it
- You constantly ask what could go wrong and check for out-of-the-ordinary conditions and learn to anticipate potential problems
- Excellent written and verbal communication, administration and organizational skills
- These positions may be identified as safety sensitive
- These positions will be based in Fort McMurray, Fort Hills or Calgary for a 4, 8, or 12 month work term beginning September 2017
- Relocation support will be provided, if required
Start your career at one of Canada's leading companies. Suncor looks for people who have the best to offer, and provides the same in return. We are committed to sustainable, ethical growth - Suncor is a company where you can contribute in a meaningful way, grow your skills and career, and achieve success.
Suncor Energy is Canada's energy company - meaning rewarding opportunities for you to apply your knowledge, contribute and grow in a variety of career-building positions. Our business portfolio spans the entire energy sector, from a leadership position in oil sands development, to refining and marketing operations, natural gas, and conventional oil production, internationally and offshore East Coast Canada.
And while we are working to responsibly develop petroleum resources and contribute to the communities where we live and work, we are also developing our renewable energy portfolio, which includes wind power and biofuels.
As part of Suncor's team, you'll contribute to the ongoing success of Canada's largest energy company - one with a solid track record of growth, a focus on safety and sustainability and tremendous potential for the future. And you'll have the opportunity to learn from experts in the industry and build on your skills every day.
Suncor is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Not sure if this particular listing is the right opportunity for you? Please join our Talent Community at www.suncor.com and click on Careers, or follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job listings and employment news.
Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so if you are interested and qualified, apply now.