Co-op Student, Employee and Sustainability Communications
In this co-op position, you will be reporting to the advisor, employee & sustainability communications and working closely with our employee communications team You will have the opportunity to develop your writing, communications channel coordination, and strategic communications planning skills while being a key part of a dynamic team.
- Coordinate and implement tactics on key communications tools such as the Core intranet pages, digital signage, spotlights and broad-distribution email accounts
- Own and manage the regular creation of employee communications such as weekly emails and leaders' digests
- Help maintain our content strategy and development by writing, editing and leveraging employee and sustainability stories
- Support our corporate-wide employee events, including the President's Operational Excellence Awards and United Way employee campaign
- Assist with the development and implementation of communications plans for projects and initiatives as required
- Provide regular writing and editing support for employee and sustainability stories and supporting event management activities
Experience and Education:
- Previous communications, marketing and/or public relations experience in a corporate office environment is considered an asset
- Currently enrolled in 3rd or 4th year of a full-time degree in communications, marketing, or public relations at an accredited post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies after the work term
- Attach your transcripts with your application in order to be considered; clearly indicate the length of work term for which you are available
Skills and Knowledge:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- Solid understanding of communication planning
- Strong social media, video, photography and Adobe Creative Suite experience will be considered an asset
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Well organized, strong attention to detail and problem solving skills with the ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- This is a 4 month co-op position with a potential opportunity to extend to 8 months
Start your career at one of Canada's leading companies. Suncor looks for people who have the best to offer, and provides the same in return. We are committed to sustainable, ethical growth - Suncor is a company where you can contribute in a meaningful way, grow your skills and career, and achieve success.
Suncor Energy is Canada's energy company - meaning rewarding opportunities for you to apply your knowledge, contribute and grow in a variety of career-building positions. Our business portfolio spans the entire energy sector, from a leadership position in oil sands development, to refining and marketing operations, natural gas, and conventional oil production, internationally and offshore East Coast Canada.
And while we are working to responsibly develop petroleum resources and contribute to the communities where we live and work, we are also developing our renewable energy portfolio, which includes wind power and biofuels.
As part of Suncor's team, you'll contribute to the ongoing success of Canada's largest energy company - one with a solid track record of growth, a focus on safety and sustainability and tremendous potential for the future. And you'll have the opportunity to learn from experts in the industry and build on your skills every day.
Suncor is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Not sure if this particular listing is the right opportunity for you? Please join our Talent Community at www.suncor.com and click on Careers, or follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job listings and employment news.
Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so if you are interested and qualified, apply now.