Co-op Student, Accounting & Finance
Working within our finance department, you will be given the opportunity to develop key accounting and finance skills, as well as personal capabilities in a supportive work environment. We have a number of opportunities including: corporate accounting, financial accounting, treasury banking, master data, finance and planning, performance analysis, renewable energy or credit risk.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly and quarterly reporting - compiling information and numbers, preparing presentations and performing variance analysis
- Perform various accounting related, month-end and quarter-end duties such as preparing journal entries, reconciling accounts, and investigating variances
- Support treasury banking or credit risk working with a variety of clients and customers
- Develop, maintain, and document internal controls
- Obtain an understanding of Suncor's business processes and procedures as well as involvement in various accounting or finance projects
Experience and Education:
- Currently enrolled full-time in 2nd, 3rd or 4th year of an accounting or finance program at an accredited university and returning to full-time studies after the work term
- Attach your transcripts with your application in order to be considered; please clearly indicate the length of work term for which you are available
Skills and Knowledge:
- Demonstrated computer application knowledge with advanced understanding of Excel (pivot tables, V-lookups)
- Results oriented, with a focus on accuracy and continuous improvement
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer relationship skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment with a willingness to learn
- This is a four or eight-month work term, starting in September 2017
Start your career at one of Canada's leading companies. Suncor looks for people who have the best to offer, and provides the same in return. We are committed to sustainable, ethical growth - Suncor is a company where you can contribute in a meaningful way, grow your skills and career, and achieve success.
Suncor Energy is Canada's energy company - meaning rewarding opportunities for you to apply your knowledge, contribute and grow in a variety of career-building positions. Our business portfolio spans the entire energy sector, from a leadership position in oil sands development, to refining and marketing operations, natural gas, and conventional oil production, internationally and offshore East Coast Canada.
And while we are working to responsibly develop petroleum resources and contribute to the communities where we live and work, we are also developing our renewable energy portfolio, which includes wind power and biofuels.
As part of Suncor's team, you'll contribute to the ongoing success of Canada's largest energy company - one with a solid track record of growth, a focus on safety and sustainability and tremendous potential for the future. And you'll have the opportunity to learn from experts in the industry and build on your skills every day.
Suncor is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Not sure if this particular listing is the right opportunity for you? Please join our Talent Community at www.suncor.com and click on Careers, or follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job listings and employment news.
Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so if you are interested and qualified, apply now.