Co-op Student, Data Management, IT
Reporting to the discovery and migration team, you will support business processes at Suncor. You will facilitate the management of the organization's content, including advancing, supporting, and implementing new processes and methodologies.
- Support key stakeholders in building strategies for managing unstructured content
- Collaborate with the content discovery and migration team to deliver high quality outputs and to meet deadlines in a time-sensitive environment
- Assist with the development and execution of migration plans, security optimization, folder optimization, etc.
- Remain current with existing, new, and innovative records management and archiving technologies and identify continuous improvement opportunities
Experience and Education
- Experience in an information management role is an asset
- Minimum two years of university program (second, third or fourth year students preferred)
- Currently enrolled in a bachelor's degree program in information management, library science or computer science or related discipline at an accredited university
Skills and Knowledge
- Microsoft Office
- SharePoint knowledge is an asset
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish relationships and to influence others across a multitude of business units
- Attention to detail with strong analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Very team focused
Start your career at one of Canada's leading companies. Suncor looks for people who have the best to offer, and provides the same in return. We are committed to sustainable, ethical growth - Suncor is a company where you can contribute in a meaningful way, grow your skills and career, and achieve success.
Suncor Energy is Canada's energy company - meaning rewarding opportunities for you to apply your knowledge, contribute and grow in a variety of career-building positions. Our business portfolio spans the entire energy sector, from a leadership position in oil sands development, to refining and marketing operations, natural gas, and conventional oil production, internationally and offshore East Coast Canada.
And while we are working to responsibly develop petroleum resources and contribute to the communities where we live and work, we are also developing our renewable energy portfolio, which includes wind power and biofuels.
As part of Suncor's team, you'll contribute to the ongoing success of Canada's largest energy company - one with a solid track record of growth, a focus on safety and sustainability and tremendous potential for the future. And you'll have the opportunity to learn from experts in the industry and build on your skills every day.
Suncor promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Suncor is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. At Suncor, we are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communitities in which we live, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Not sure if this particular listing is the right opportunity for you? Please join our Talent Community at www.suncor.com and click on Careers, or follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job listings and employment news.
Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so if you are interested and qualified, apply now.