Web Developer (New Grad) - Client Solutions Team
The Web Developer will be an entry level member of a team that provides a variety of web and mobile based application development and maintenance, and will utilize his/ her keen interest, enthusiasm and experience to help deliver cost-effective and timely solutions. This role will work across various portfolios and lines of business, based out of Toronto, Atria.
- Participate in the coding, unit-testing, implementation and support of web, mobile and collaboration applications technologies in a heterogeneous technology environment
- Develops an understanding of the business and technical needs of a project
- Identifies gaps in their own knowledge and actively seeks out assistance from senior team members in order to effectively deliver high quality solutions and services in a timely and efficient manner
- Ensure that solutions meet both business and technical requirements, including performance, maintainability and stability
- Work with third party and offshore shore teams as needed
- Manage or coordinate small to medium projects from initiation through planning, requirements, construction to implementation and post-implementation reviews
- Support implementations with occasional weekend and evening work
- Knowledge and understanding of the complete Sun Life SDLC (CMMI, DevOps)
- Customer and results focused - able to understand and act based on their needs
- Analysis and problem solving - ability to breakdown business and requirements into more detail in order to create a Development Plan and Unit test Plan
- Teamwork - ability to work collaboratively with others (technical and non-technical partners or team members)
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) - ability to express ideas, thoughts and questions so that it can be understood by various audiences and meets the customers' needs
- Self-motivated and service-oriented, a self-starter
- Good organizational, multi-tasking and time management skills
- Ability to communicate effectively to technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to quickly ramp-up on new technologies or systems
- The ideal candidate will have prior hands on experience with SOAP, XML, and JSON based Web Services is a plus
- Nice to have: Experience with responsive design JS framework (Bootstrap, JQuery, Parsley), IDE development tools, version control systems (GitHub, Bitbucket) and debugging tools Familiarity, application deployment to Weblogic on UNIX/AIX environments
- University degree in Computer Science or equivalent
Enterprise Services, Working better together.
Our teams are dedicated to providing the services and technology our business partners need to help customers achieve lifetime financial security. Through innovation and collaboration, we're striving to continually find new and better ways to bring value to Sun Life. Enterprise Services has employees in Canada, Ireland, the U.S. and Asia. We partner closely with groups and individuals throughout Sun Life Financial to provide products and services that deliver business value.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process, or those needing job postings in an alternative format, may e-mail a request to email@example.com
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.