Wealth Operations Data Analyst
About the Business:
The Individual Insurance and Wealth business unit represents close to 30 per cent of all Sun Life Financial global revenue and more than 50 per cent of Canadian earnings. Weâ??re a top provider of life, health and wealth products in the Canadian marketplace.
About the Role:
The Data Analyst will be supporting Dealer Operations teams with diverse tasks such as analyzing and interpreting transaction level data and providing recommended solutions to solving data issues. This includes building and maintaining excel-based solutions to solve complex data problems. The Data Analyst will also be responsible for supporting new initiatives, controls, and reporting, which includes design, development and implementation.
The Data Analyst will be a motivated and inquisitive individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, and technically demanding environment requiring focus, analytical and conceptual thinking and with superior problem-solving skills.
- Analyze large quantities of data to identify root causes of issues, support recommendations, priorities, and action plans, and produce innovative and effective reporting for business partners
- Maintain and improve operational excel tools including new development and creation of user documentation and processes
- Take ownership of, and perform complex investigative and analytical functions and trade corrections, and partner with IT or other groups to escalate and resolve data production problems
- Understand complex business processes in order to research, analyze, interpret and advise on findings and make recommendations which may need to be translated from highly technical language into plain language for business partners
- Assist the Data Integrity team with resolving exceptions generated from daily transaction reconciliation and monthly account reconciliation
- 1 - 3 years of demonstrated data management and/or data analysis experience
- Expert knowledge in the Microsoft Office suite of products, specifically with advanced excel functions (testing may be a requirement)
- Technical aptitude and the ability to learn new tools and software quickly and understand technical concepts to extract, manipulate and simplify data through a variety of tools and techniques
- Strong communication skills with the ability to explain business concepts to IT partners, and technical concepts to business partners and leaders
- Process improvement skills with a demonstrated ability to produce meaningful results from data
- Knowledge of market-based products and the mutual fund/investment industry
- IFIC Operations course or equivalent
- Experience with collaboration tools such as Lotus notes and SharePoint
- Completion of the IFIC Operations course is mandatory within six months
- Some project work may be required outside of regular office hours to support critical time lines and/or deliverables. Must be willing to work overtime as required but especially during the peak RRSP season (January - April)
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the core of our values at Sun Life. A diverse workforce with wide perspectives and creative ideas benefits our clients, the communities where we operate and all of us as colleagues. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process, or those needing job postings in an alternative format, may e-mail a request to email@example.com
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.