Sales Manager Financial Centre 103 - Edmonton Downtown, AB
You believe life is about aiming high, achieving success and making an impact. At Sun Life Financial, we work together, share common values and help each other grow and achieve goals.
With roots tracing back to 1865 in Canada, the Sun Life Financial organization has grown to become an established and trusted name in insurance and financial services, with offices and operations in key markets around the world. Sun Life Financial advisors are able to offer a full suite of insurance and wealth solutions.
We recognize that our growth, success and reputation for excellence are due in large measure to the talent, commitment and passion of our people. Join the Sun Life Financial team as we strive to make a notable difference in the lives of our people, our clients and prospective clients and the communities in which we live and work.
Your role is to recruit new advisors that will be associated with your financial centre. Daily active networking and community involvement will enable you to attract top talent to your team. Effective use of recruiting and selection tools will ensure timely appointments of quality candidates. While advisors are independent contractors, you will assist them in growing their business by conducting regular client and prospective client meetings, providing exceptional support and ensuring they have the necessary knowledge, skills and tools to provide outstanding customer service to existing and prospective clients. As an experienced Sales Manager you will actively enhance your advisors' productivity through skills development and coaching using approved programs.
- Financial centre productivity
- Actively recruit new talent
- Instruct advisors in the sales process and the effective use of sales tools
- Help new advisors set business objectives and coach them to achieve them
- Demonstrate how to conduct effective client and prospective client meetings
- Demonstrate and champion the use of approved sales and financial planning tools
- Continue to develop your managerial skills
- Ensure the use of compliant business practices
- Provide supervision for compliance in your financial centre
- Educate yourself and advisors regarding regulatory requirements
- Communicate your expectations that compliance is non-negotiable
- Hold advisors accountable for meeting compliance requirements
- Work with other members of the financial centre management team to help ensure advisors operate their business in a compliant manner
- You successfully network and enjoy meeting new people
- You easily discuss topics of importance with people you have just met
- You have successfully recruited sales people
- You have successfully conducted client and prospective client meetings
- You manage relationships professionally
- You work effectively with team members to achieve goals
- You enjoy sharing knowledge and helping develop the skills of others
- You effectively manage your schedule to ensure daily activities are accomplished as planned
- Your compliance record is impeccable
- You have a good understanding of industry regulations including insurance and mutual funds
- You have clearly demonstrated:
- well-developed communication and interpersonal skills (questioning, listening, writing, observing)
- problem-solving skills
- organizational and time management skills
- Flexible schedule
- Willingness and ability to successfully complete key components of the advisor development program.
- If you don’t already have your life insurance agent’s licence and accident & sickness agent’s licence, you must be willing and able to obtain these prior to taking on the role.
- If you are not already a registered mutual funds representative you will be required to become registered
We welcome those outside the financial services industry with comparable experience in sales and/or sales management to apply. We also invite students currently enrolled in a management development program or who have recently completed such a program to consider this career opportunity.
Your application should:
- Describe how your career aspirations align with this role
- Highlight your skills and experience as they relate to this role
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Sun Life Financial promotes equal opportunity employment.