Project Information Analyst
As a member of the Technology Services Business Management team, the Project Information Analyst provides project estimating, portfolio reporting and analysis for Technology Services and supports our key portfolio tools. The successful candidate will work closely with the Portfolio Manager to gather work effort and technology costs to estimate projects. The candidate will support the master project registry and seek out ways to improve the breadth and quality of data used for portfolio reporting and chargebacks to clients.
This role provides the successful candidate with the opportunity to exercise and develop technical, analytical, and relationship management skills. The Project Information Analyst will support a multi-site work environment that promotes knowledge sharing, customer service, quality, innovation and teamwork.
This position is part of a dynamic, fast-paced team that offers ample challenges and opportunities to support on-the-job learning and skills development.
- Participate in and support activities related to Intake/Demand/Relationship Management by accurately determining the requirements of estimate requests. Submit estimates on time and in accordance with the timelines set out in the requests. Follow-up to obtain the required information to complete the estimate
- Continuously keep the Master Project Registry up-to-date and assist with building consolidated status for reporting key project status
- Assist with creation, analysis and action plans related to Demand Management and Intake processes and support supply/demand analysis and reporting
- In collaboration with our partners, identify reporting requirements, design the solution, and deliver the expected results
- Perform ad hoc analytics to identify trends, prove theories, assess effectiveness, etc.
- Proactively identify opportunities for process improvements, drive solutions
- Takes ownership of small initiatives and engage the appropriate resources to reach solution
- Develop, maintain and leverage models to analyze variance and trend-based data, identify and communicate performance and results
- Participate in the collection, summarization and communication of budgets and forecasts
Demonstrated Skills / Competencies:
- Analytical and problem solving skills with keen attention to detail and ability to consistently produce high-quality deliverables
- Expertise with MS Excel is required - especially use of Pivot Tables for reporting and analysis with complex data. Exposure to MS Powerpoint and Lotus notes would be helpful
- Technical working knowledge of IT services and offerings
- Knowledge of financial concepts
- Initiative and creativity - ability to influence (add value) and interpret requests which are not always clearly defined
- Ability to work independently, with minimal direction and proven ability to successfully navigate multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously
- Good judgement in knowing when to escalate issues and proactively seek direction as needed to manage competing priorities and peak workload situations
- Ability to build rapport with colleagues and achieve outcomes through influence and partnering
- Confident nature and comfort-level with following up with senior leaders
- Background in technology
- University or other Post-Secondary education in a relevant field (Business/Commerce or Computer Science)
- Occasional travel between Waterloo King and Toronto Atria locations may be required
To learn more about Digital Innovation and career opportunities at Sun Life, visit www.sunlife.ca/digitaljobs
Enterprise Services, Working better together.
Our teams are dedicated to providing the services and technology our business partners need to help customers achieve lifetime financial security. Through innovation and collaboration, we're striving to continually find new and better ways to bring value to Sun Life. Enterprise Services has employees in Canada, Ireland, the U.S. and Asia. We partner closely with groups and individuals throughout Sun Life Financial to provide products and services that deliver business value.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process, or those needing job postings in an alternative format, may e-mail a request to email@example.com
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.