National Disability Support
** This is a temporary assignment **
National Disability Support
Embark on a bright future!
We are looking for talented new graduates to join Sun Life Financial in our National Disability Support team. Our ideal candidate has a desire to learn and embrace challenge and change. Natural leadership skills, attention to detail and an ability to work independently while thriving in a team setting are key attributes for success.
What's it like to work at Sun Life Financial?
We strive to hire only the best, so you will be working with bright people in a dynamic and highly-professional work environment. You will find a collaborative and supportive environment in which career mobility is encouraged!
Who are we?
The National Disability Support team in Life and Disability is responsible for providing quality, timely service to both our external and internal clients (SLF disability offices) by performing various administrative duties in a fast-paced, high-volume environment.
The team forms the front end of the claims management function, so distribution of documents, indexing, claim set-up and eligibility review; must be timely and accurate.
The team manages daily volumes and fluctuations in the best possible way to meet the service standards.
What will you be doing?
Our high performing National Disability Support team primarily handles incoming hard or soft copy mail, RightFAX mail and new claim setups on our Disability systems. Our teamâ??s duties include but are not limited to:
- Establishing claim files in Sun Life systems (applications) so Abilities Case Managers can review. (Chess & Ultera)
- Communicating with plan sponsors and plan members via phone and written correspondence for missing documents or information
- Looking for Continuous Improvement Ideas through our Sun Life methodology
- Online document handling through our Kofax system
- Using claims systems to correctly identify new or existing claims
- Consolidating mail for scanning, distributing incoming mail, and pulling original documents.
- Mailing cheques and electronic messages (EM) to plan members and plan sponsors
What do you need to be part of this team:
- Ability, comfort and aptitude with Microsoft Office, web-based applications, multi-screen navigation with accurate keyboarding skills
- Ability and excitement to learn new systems quickly
- Superior customer service skills through effective communication skills (written & oral)
- Exposure to an office environment
- Attention to the details and has excellent organizational skills
- Ability to adapt quickly to a fast-paced, production environment including frequent changes in tasks depending on work volumes
- Commitment to deadlines
- Work well within a team but also independently with minimal supervision
- Demonstrate decisiveness even in the face ambiguity
- Model great work ethic with a positive attitude, positive, can-do attitude
- willingness to learn from others, be curious, and seize opportunities for growth
- Is available for periodic overtime
- Bilingualism - French and English, written and spoken (Montreal applicants only)
This posting is for document management and claim setup
- Looking for someone who can work Monday to Friday, up to 37.5 hours per week, and has flexibility to work periodic over time if necessary for workload coverage
- Must complete Reliability Screening under the Government of Canada Security Policy and be granted "Reliability Status" as a result of the screening
- Are you interested? Please submit a resume, record of marks, and cover letter