Information Technology RLDP - Digital Technology
Opportunities for upcoming Engineering, Computer Science and Business Graduates - 2017
Embark on a bright future!
We are looking for talented upcoming graduates to join Sun Life Financial for a fulfilling career. Our ideal candidate has a desire to learn, embrace challenge and change, and is eager to explore different roles and business areas. Natural leadership skills and an ability to work independently while thriving in a team setting are key attributes for success.
What's it like to work at Sun Life Financial?
We strive to hire only the best, so you will be working with bright people in a dynamic and highly-professional work environment. You will find a collaborative and supportive environment in which career mobility is encouraged!
The Sun Life Information Technology Rotational Program, under the Rotational Leadership Development Program (RLDP) umbrella, provides a unique opportunity to gain specialized experience in an accelerated development manner. Through three eight-month rotations within one of the four practice areas, you will gain critical technical and business skills, use the latest technology and practices in growing fields, gain knowledge of the financial services industry and a broad understanding of Sun Life's products, clients and business strategy. The four practice areas of the IT Rotational Program are Data & Business Intelligence, Digital Technology, Information Security, and Governance, Risk & Compliance.
As part of a dynamic and collaborative Digital team, you will design and develop leading edge digital solutions across various lines of business. We are looking for someone who is passionate about working with Web and Mobile technologies within a team of highly skilled individuals who strive to be industry leaders in Digital, someone who is driven and can turn innovative ideas into business opportunities. Your strong technical skills are important however the ability to see the big picture is of equal importance.
A successful candidate will rotate through areas of Backend Java Development, Frontend UI Development, and Mobile & Content Management.
- Candidate must be currently enrolled in an accredited Computer Science, Engineering or Business undergraduate program
- Application development experience using JAVA technologies
- Understanding of UX and UI design principles
- A passion for learning, taking initiative and working collaboratively across various cultures to achieve results
- Proven leadership skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter with a drive to succeed
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Analytical, problem solving and conceptual thinking skills
- Balanced experiences in academics and extra-curricular activities
- Strong work ethic and professionalism
As part of the Digital Technology area of IT RLDP, you will have an opportunity to learn and work through the following:
- Agile methodologies and DevOps
- Backend - Java Spring MVC framework
- Frontend - jQuery, Parsley, Mustache, LESS
- UI - typography, photography, ADOBE Illustrator and Photoshop
- Prototyping - storyboard, wireframes and other POC
- Mobile development in iOS and Android
The accelerated nature of this program provides individuals with early leadership opportunities and interaction with the IT Executive Team and other senior leaders in the company. Upon completion of the two-year program, we expect your next role in the organization to be in your area of specialization, however, this will depend on your career aspirations, the needs of the organization and your standing over the duration of the program.
For more information about the Information Technology Rotational Leadership Development program, please visit us at www.sunlife.ca/students/ If you are interested in a position, please submit a resume, record of marks, and cover letter.
Sun Life is a socially responsible employer, supporting the communities in which we live and work, with a globally recognized commitment to the environment and sustainability.
Sun Life Financial promotes equal opportunity employment.
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process, or those needing job postings in an alternative format, may e-mail a request to email@example.com