Group Benefits Account Executive Program
Opportunities for upcoming Commerce, Business, Economics or Finance Graduates - 2018
Embark on a bright future!
We are looking for talented new graduates to join Sun Life Financial for a fulfilling career. Our ideal candidate has a desire to learn and embrace challenge and change and is eager to explore different roles and business areas. Natural leadership skills and an ability to work independently while thriving in a team setting are key attributes for success.
What's it like to work at Sun Life Financial?
We strive to hire only the best, so you will be working with bright people in a dynamic and highly-professional work environment. You will find a collaborative and supportive environment in which career mobility is encouraged!
The Sun Life Group Benefits Account Executive Program, under the Rotational Leadership Development Program (RLDP) umbrella, is a comprehensive training program that will prepare you for a fast-paced career as a Sun Life Account Executive - a prestigious, client-facing role within one of Canada's leading financial institutions. This is not your traditional "desk job" - our Account Executives are always on the go as the face of Sun Life, responsible for the profitable management of a portfolio of group benefits business. You will be meeting with external clients and advisors, building strong business relationships and delivering an exceptional customer experience.
The duration of the program depends on your performance and availability of positions within your region. The typical program lasts between 12 and 30 months.
Upon completion of the program, you will be assigned to an office within your hired region in Canada (Quebec, Western or Central) which may require relocation to a city within that region. Every Account Executive is provided a block of business and is an employee of Sun Life receiving a base salary and incentive bonus program.
As a participant in the AEDP, you will have the opportunity to:
- Be trained as a group benefits underwriter (underwrite renewals and plan changes, prepare quotations for new business etc.)
- Work closely with other Sun Life Account Executives to meet growth, profitability and client satisfaction objectives
- Complete your Group Benefits Associate Designation (in-depth review of principles and applications for life, health and other group benefits, and health-care economics and issues)
- Participate in sales skills training
- Attend conferences & training workshops
- Ability to build strong personal and professional relationships
- Ability to thrive in fast paced and high pressure environments
- Effective presentation and communication skills
- Excellent negotiation and resiliency
- Analytical, problem solving and conceptual thinking skills
- Demonstrated collaboration skills in matrixed environments
- Self-starter and results-oriented
- Strong work ethic and professionalism
- Client and service focused
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Candidates must be completing their final year in an accredited undergraduate program
- Strong mathematical skills
- Balanced experiences in academics and extra-curricular activities and volunteer work
- Willingness to relocate to one of our local Canadian offices on placement of an Account Executive
- A valid driver's license
- Bilingual (English, French) if applying for the Quebec position
To hear what it's like to be part of the AEDP, watch the following video
For more information about the AEDP, please visit us at www.sunlife.ca/students
Sun Life is a socially responsible employer, supporting the communities in which we live and work, with a globally recognized commitment to the environment and sustainability.
Sun Life Financial promotes equal opportunity employment.
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process, or those needing job postings in an alternative format, may e-mail a request to firstname.lastname@example.org