CPA Pre-Approved Rotation Program Opportunity - Toronto Waterloo
Embark on a bright future!
We are looking for talented new graduates to join Sun Life Financial for a fulfilling career. Our ideal candidate has a desire to learn and embrace challenge and change and is eager to explore Finance areas within our business. Natural leadership skills and an ability to work independently while thriving in a team setting are key attributes for success.
What's it like to work at Sun Life Financial?
We strive to hire only the best, so you will be working with bright people in a dynamic and highly professional work environment. You will find a collaborative and supportive environment in which career mobility is encouraged!
What's in it for you?
As a progressive, dynamic, well-recognized leader in the financial services industry, we offer challenging opportunities and career development for CPA candidates beginning in either our Waterloo or Toronto offices.
The Sun Life CPA Pre-Approved Rotation Program develops future CPA's and business leaders by providing meaningful career experiences, enabling participants to expand their knowledge base of Finance and hone strategic problem solving abilities. You will have a unique opportunity to gain diversified experience through three one-year rotations across different business units within the Finance functions at SLF. Our rotations allow participants to gain relevant experience while doing meaningful and challenging work. This CPA Pre-Approved Rotation Program offers competitive study support, designed to help you successfully complete CPA's Professional Education Program (PEP) by providing exam fee reimbursement, study time and access to external preparation courses. The program includes:
- A 36-month program of relevant experience that will help develop the necessary technical and enabling competencies to obtain CPA certification
- A collaborative environment that allows the building of relationships with colleagues as well as exchange of ideas and knowledge
- Complex work assignments that will help develop your ability to ask the right questions to analyze situations and be able to determine which facts are relevant to solving the problem
- 3 rotations in different business areas to build broad experience and knowledge
- Learning through working directly with business leaders and gaining insight on what is required to be tomorrow's business leaders
- Sun Life works hard to support professional growth because we know that today's talented CPA candidates are tomorrow's business leaders.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Candidates must be currently enrolled in an accredited commerce or business undergraduate university program
- Have a strong GPA and all required pre-requisites for entry into the CPA Professional Educational Program (PEP)
- Strong understanding of IFRS accounting principles and concepts
- Strong interpersonal and team-building skills
- Highly motivated, self-starter
- Strong work ethic and professionalism
- Commitment to learning and self-development
- Demonstrates analytical, problem solving and conceptual thinking skills
- Well-rounded experiences in academics and extra-curricular activities
For more information about the CPA Pre-Approved Rotation Program, please visit us at www.sunlife.ca/students Sun Life is a socially responsible employer, supporting the communities in which we live and work, with a globally recognized commitment to the environment and sustainability.
Sun Life Financial promotes equal opportunity employment.
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process, or those needing job postings in an alternative format, may e-mail a request to firstname.lastname@example.org