Business Leaders Program - RLDP
Opportunities for upcoming Commerce and Business Programs University Graduates - 2018
Embark on a bright future!
We are looking for talented new graduates to join Sun Life Financial for a fulfilling career. Our ideal candidate has a desire to learn, and embrace challenge and change, and is eager to explore different roles and business areas. Natural leadership skills and an ability to work independently while thriving in a team setting are key attributes for success.
What's it like to work at Sun Life Financial?
We strive to hire only the best, so you will be working with bright people in a dynamic and highly professional work environment. You will find a collaborative and supportive environment in which career mobility is encouraged!
The Sun Life Business Leaders Program, under the Rotational Leadership Development Program (RLDP) umbrella, develops future, cross-functional business leaders through exploration of major business areas so participants become versatile, well-connected leaders. You will have a unique opportunity to gain diversified experience in an accelerated leadership development program. Through three one-year rotations across different business units and/or job families, you will gain the critical skills and experiences needed to become future leaders at Sun Life. Our rotations allow participants to gain business knowledge of the insurance and financial services industries, and a broad understanding of Sun Life's products, clients and business strategy. Placements may be available in any one of our Canadian Business Units or functional areas including Finance, Investments, Marketing, Human Resources, Project or Program Management. Rotations are located in Canada, with participants working out of the Waterloo, Toronto or Montreal office.
The accelerated nature of the program provides individuals with early leadership opportunities and interaction with the Canadian Executive team and other senior leaders in Canada. Upon completion of the three-year program, your next role in the organization will depend on your career aspirations, the needs of the business, and your standing over the course of the program.
- Candidates must be currently enrolled in an accredited commerce, business or related field of undergraduate university program
- Exudes a passion for learning, takes initiative and works collaboratively across various cultures to achieve results
- Experience in formal or informal leadership roles in school and/or extra-curricular activities
- Displays strong understanding of the client and their needs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter with a drive to succeed and eager to take on responsibility
- Accepts accountability and ownership for work performed
- Applies mindset of continuous improvement and innovation
- Shifts gears comfortably and displays energy for things that are challenging
- Demonstrates analytical, problem solving and conceptual thinking skills
- Well-rounded experiences in academics and extra-curricular activities
- Strong work ethic and professionalism
- Bilingual skills (English and French) are an asset
- Willingness to explore different roles and business areas and to relocate to any one of our Canadian offices as part of the rotation process
For more information about the Business Leaders Program, please visit us at www.sunlife.ca/students
Sun Life is a socially responsible employer, supporting the communities in which we live and work, with a globally recognized commitment to the environment and sustainability.
Sun Life Financial promotes equal opportunity employment. We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process, or those needing job postings in an alternative format, may e-mail a request to email@example.com