Technical Support (Platform) - 4 Month Fall Co-op
This position is a learning and development role within the Keystone Technical Support Center (KTSC). The primary function of the role is to learn about technical support operations and continuously develop students in technology areas such as networking, voice, customer service, network monitoring and customer support. This includes activities such as logging tickets for clients, contacting support vendors to process RMA’s (Returned Materials Authorization), to hand’s on experience with networking gear, servers, technical support tools & systems (server, voice, network, storage, etc…). The Technical Support Co-op will learn how real time customer support works in a fast pasted, mission critical environment.
We’re looking for people who:
- Provide technical support for customers network and IT issues as requested by the support team
- Assist senior technical staff in the Softchoice Keystone Technical Support Centre with projects and ongoing support items as needed
- Process RMA’s & Open TAC (Technical Assistance Center) cases with our manufacturing partners
- Monitor & response to system alerts & escalate any potential problems
- Assist with research and development so platform tools used to support the KTSC operations
- May assist with answering incoming customer calls or emails/ticket to help identify and diagnose the problem with the assistance of a senior team member
- Process MAC (Moves, Adds and Changes) requests that are put through the Support Centre
- Assist with client reporting tasks
As our ideal candidate, you'll also have:
- Enrollment in an Information Technology related program, specializing in Telecommunications, Internet Communication Technology or Computer Systems Technology at the junior or intermediate level with a co-op option
- Knowledge in routing/switching, security, or voice is preferable but not required
- Strong customer service skills
- An understanding of the service management tool (Promys) but not required.
- A desire to work towards CCNA.
- Previous co-op experience in the technology industry
Softchoice is one of the largest IT solutions and Managed Services providers in North America! We are an influential, growth-oriented organization determined to enable our people, our clients, our partners and the communities we serve to realize their potential. Our unique culture fosters a friendly, open-minded workplace where employees are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work. As a member of a dynamic, high-performing team, each Softchoice employee is hungry to learn, valued for their contribution, and approaches each day excited to make an impact.
To apply for the position: If Softchoice and this role sound like a dream come true; please take a moment to apply within your University/College.
In addition, please apply online at http://www.softchoice.com/careers. If your experience matches with our current needs, our friendly Campus Talent Advisor will be in touch with you!
*Note: Completion of a satisfactory criminal record check is required prior to employment.
Again, thank you for your interest in a co-op at Softchoice!