Service Desk Technician
Have you tried turning it off and on again?
Service Desk Technicians are passionate about helping others and being part of the support team to ensure success of the greater internal community. We provide technical and troubleshooting assistance related to computer hardware and software, mobile devices, printers, and other tech tools and products. The Service Desk Technicians must be great communicators and be able to translate their technical knowledge into actionable direction. When we don’t have an answer, they know how to research the problem and come up with a solution while always providing amazing customer service.
As a Service Desk Technician, you will:
- Provide level 2 technical support for Softchoice’s internal users.
- Provide support for computer hardware, software, printers, phones, and peripheral equipment. This also includes audio visual, video conferencing and collaboration equipment.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve issues related to desktops, laptops, network access, MS Office including Skype for Business (Lync), MS Windows 7, 8 and 10, VPN, Citrix, and SaaS based systems.
- Follow-up on outstanding incidents and escalations to ensure timely and effective resolution.
- Provide one-on-one instruction to users on new applications
- Research information for users on applications and peripherals as required
- Consistently meet monthly Service Level Agreement metrics.
As our ideal candidate, you have:
- Strong communication skills, both written and on the phone.
- Customer service, analytical and problem solving skills. Be the IT ambassador.
- Team player qualities: integrity, accountability, adaptability and motivated.
- Must be self-motivated and self-directed.
- Must have the ability to collaborate with all functional areas in the business.
- Technical degree or diploma and/or equivalent business experience.
- 3+ years of combined service desk and technical IT experience.
- Strong support knowledge of PC hardware, Microsoft operating systems (7, 8 and 10), mobile devices, Active Directory and O365.
- Industry certificates a plus. i.e. A+, Network+, Server+, MCP, HDI & ITIL
- Cloud Support experience would be an asset.
Need more convincing this is the right next step in your career? Here are the reasons why folks love working here!
- Softchoice has been recognized as a Best Workplace in Canada by the Great Place to Work Institute for 12 consecutive years
- Softchoice certified as a Great Place to Work in the United States (2016)
- Meaningful work that drives professional development
- Ability to enter and grow within the technology industry
- Being part of a winning, high performance team
- Every employee gets two paid volunteer days per year
- We serve large and mid-sized clients from a variety of industries
- We’ve raised over $2 Million through our staff-run charity Softchoice Cares
- 1 in 5 employees have invested in an ownership position in Softchoice
Softchoice is one of the largest IT solutions and Managed Services providers in North America! We are an influential, growth-oriented organization determined to enable our people, our clients, our partners and the communities we serve to realize their potential. Our unique culture fosters a friendly, open-minded workplace where employees are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work. As a member of a dynamic, high-performing team, each Softchoice employee is hungry to learn, valued for their contribution, and approaches each day excited to make an impact.
We would like to thank you personally for applying to Softchoice.
Please note that we will review your application and only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted directly. However, we will retain your application on file and would be pleased to contact you if further opportunities arise.
*Note: Completion of a satisfactory criminal record check, education verification and reference checks are required prior to employment.
Softchoice is proud to provide employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodations, please indicate this on your application/cover letter and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. *AODA
Again, thank you for your interest in a career at Softchoice!