Service Desk Technician
Your passion is people!
Softchoice is looking for motivated, innovative, and career-oriented individuals to join our end-user support team. Our team members must be comfortable working with mid-sized and large organizations. We offer a competitive compensation including a wide range of benefits, opportunities for advancement, and regular team activities. Our office is an open concept, high-tech, and fast-paced environment. We are looking for applicants who take pride in the quality of their work and who share our commitment to client satisfaction and personal accountability
As our Service Desk Technician, you’ll:
- Provide front line end-user support to our Managed Services clients for both hardware and software issues via telephone, e-mail or web for remote assistance in a timely manner
- Manage service tickets from inception to resolution; providing timely and accurate updates
- Escalate incidents to appropriate third-party service provider or client contact when appropriate
- Ensure effective use of time management and organizational skills to balance workload and priorities
- Follow ticket management policies, procedures and best practices
- Troubleshooting of application and desktop level technologies, with focus on Microsoft desktop OS and Office 365 products.
- Deliver excellent customer service
As our ideal candidate you will have:
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- Post-secondary education
- Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of client end-users, technical personnel, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Expert problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and with teams to meet client Service Level expectations
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment
- Availability to work rotating shifts covering 24/7 call center which includes weekend and holiday coverage
Need more convincing this is the right next step in your career? Here are 11 reasons why folks love working here!
- Meaningful work that drives professional development
- Ability to enter and grow within the technology industry
- Being part of a winning, high performance team
- Every employee gets two paid volunteer days per year
- We serve large and mid-sized clients from a variety of industries
- We’ve raised over $2 Million through our staff-run charity Softchoice Cares
- Our dog-friendly environment (85 canine employees and growing…)
- We have an onsite gym in our Toronto HQ
- Our monthly beer cart and annual company-wide Launch event (all 1,350 of us under one roof – it’s epic!)
- Employees have access to a green commute subsidy
- 1 in 5 employees have invested in an ownership position in Softchoice
Softchoice is one of the largest IT solutions and Managed Services providers in North America! We are an influential, growth-oriented organization determined to enable our people, our clients, our partners and the communities we serve to realize their potential. Our unique culture fosters a friendly, open-minded workplace where employees are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work. As a member of a dynamic, high-performing team, each Softchoice employee is hungry to learn, valued for their contribution, and approaches each day excited to make an impact.
We would like to thank you personally for applying to Softchoice.
Please note that we will review your application and only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted directly. However, we will retain your application on file and would be pleased to contact you if further opportunities arise.
*Note: Completion of a satisfactory criminal record check, education verification and reference checks are required prior to employment.