Service Desk - 4 Month Winter Co-op
Service Desk – 4 Month Winter Co-op
The successful Service Desk co-op will provide technical assistance and troubleshooting to Softchoice employees and support the Service Desk team through essential tasks such as imaging, inventory management and ad hoc special projects. You’ll get a great feel for what it’s like to work in a busy Service Desk environment supporting Softchoice employees across Canada and the US.
We’re looking for people who:
- Provide technical assistance to Softchoice employees over the phone, email and in person
- Troubleshoot computer hardware, software, printers, phones, and other peripheral equipment as required. Some of these technologies include VPN, Citrix, desktops, laptops, mobile phones, MS Office and MS Windows
- Follow-up on outstanding incidents and escalations to ensure timely and effective resolution
- Can lift computers, printers, fax machines, etc. to other parts of the office
- Install, configure and repair network and local printers as necessary
- Image and set up PC’s for new employees
- Add new users and perform changes to user accounts in Active Directory
As our ideal candidate you’ll also have:
- Currently enrolled in an Information Technology related program, specializing in Internet Communication Technology, Hardware/Software troubleshooting or Computer Systems Technology at the junior or intermediate level
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- A thirst for technology and an ambitious attitude
- A solid understanding of the following:
- Thorough understanding of the internet, ie how it’s used, how to navigate within it
- Microsoft Office 2010, 2013 and O365 is a plus
- Microsoft Windows 7 and 8
- Windows Server, Active Directory and Exchange
- TCP/IP/DHCP/DNS and other technologies.
Softchoice is one of the largest IT solutions and Managed Services providers in North America! We are an influential, growth-oriented organization determined to enable our people, our clients, our partners and the communities we serve to realize their potential. Our unique culture fosters a friendly, open-minded workplace where employees are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work. As a member of a dynamic, high-performing team, each Softchoice employee is hungry to learn, valued for their contribution, and approaches each day excited to make an impact.
To apply for the position: If Softchoice and this role sound like a dream come true; please take a moment to apply within your University/College.
In addition, please apply online at http://www.softchoice.com/careers. If your experience matches with our current needs, our friendly Campus Talent Advisor will be in touch with you!
Again, thank you for your interest in a co-op at Softchoice!