Your passion is people!
Purchasing Representative: Ready to make a change….
The individual in this role drives a seamless customer experience by owning all facets of the Purchasing Order transmission and management process with a high degree of focus on Operational Excellence. They will ensure orders are placed and received on-time and within departmental & customer specification. The individual will be the primary point of contact for the vendor and the customer/account team if challenges or questions arise.
Your mission as a Purchaser at Softchoice – should you choose to accept, is….
- Accountable to ensure that purchasing orders are placed, managed and received in a manner that meets customer and departmental expectations.
- Deliver accurate Estimated Ship By dates to properly set customer expectations and billing forecasting
- Resolve ad-hoc customer inquiries within set service level agreement while providing an outstanding customer experience.
- Educate our internal customers on standard processes and best practices to enable a streamlined order fulfillment process
- Provide input on existing and future design/process changes through formal workshops and informal discussions
- Develop strong relationships with your owned vendor account contacts to strengthen the Softchoice/Vendor partnership.
- Resolve any fulfillment based challenges and act as a mediator/coordinator when the resolution falls outside of the scope of responsibilities & knowledge.
We’re looking for people who:
- Are highly motivated to win and Results Driven
- Put the Customer First in every interaction
- Exhibit a high degree of Change Agility
- Thrive in a fast-paced but fun work environment
- Are highly skilled in multi-tasking and effectively managing their time
- Have a continuous focus on Self and Process Development
- Enjoys the success their work achieves
As our ideal candidate you'll also have:
- 2 years of experience in the technology/service industry with a Purchasing or Order Management background.
- Post-secondary education obtained at a community college or one or more professional designations
- Excellent interpersonal skills with strong orientation towards high energy team based work environments
- Self-driven, motivated to excel, ability to work with minimal supervision, and maintain productivity
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with senior management and other business units
- Fundamental understanding of the IT industry and technology solutions including hardware, software and service offerings
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and intermediate knowledge of MS Office Suite
Need more convincing this is the right next step in your career? Here are 11 reasons why folks love working here!
- Meaningful work that drives professional development
- Ability to enter and grow within the technology industry
- Being part of a winning, high performance team
- Every employee gets two paid volunteer days per year
- We serve large and mid-sized clients from a variety of industries
- We’ve raised over $2 Million through our staff-run charity Softchoice Cares
- Our dog-friendly environment (85 canine employees and growing…)
- We have an onsite gym in our Toronto HQ
- Our monthly beer cart and annual company-wide Launch event (all 1,350 of us under one roof – it’s epic!)
- Employees have access to a green commute subsidy
- 1 in 5 employees have invested in an ownership position in Softchoice
Softchoice is one of the largest technology solution providers in North America! We are an influential, growth-oriented organization determined to enable our people, our clients, our partners and the communities we serve to realize their potential. Our unique culture fosters a friendly, open-minded workplace where employees are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work. As a member of a dynamic, high-performing team, each Softchoice employee is hungry to learn, valued for their contribution, and approaches each day excited to make an impact.
We would like to thank you personally for applying to Softchoice.
Please note that we will review your application and only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted directly. However, we will retain your application on file and would be pleased to contact you if further opportunities arise.
*Note: Completion of a satisfactory criminal record check, education verification and reference checks are required prior to employment.
Softchoice is proud to provide employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodations, please indicate this on your application/cover letter and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. *AODA
Again, thank you for your interest in a career at Softchoice!