Outside Sales Field Representative
Softchoice’s mission is simple: to help organizations use technology to become more productive, more competitive and ultimately, more successful. We want to clarify the complexities of technology and provide the resources to push the boundaries of what IT can do for the more than 14,000 businesses we serve across North America. But if you were to ask our partners and customers, they’d tell you what truly makes us different is our people!
Our employees have and continue to be the driving force behind everything we do. Our people innovate; they create new offerings and services and they continue to drive new levels of efficiency in our business. Overall, these exceptional people are living our values, working together to find ways to innovate and making a difference in our customers’ business, each and every day!
Sound like you could be part of this outstanding team? Then read on...
As an Outside Sales Representative you are part of an integrated sales team providing exceptional service to Softchoice customers. You will be responsible for increasing Softchoice revenue and managing GP by generating new customer buying accounts. Your focus will be to drive net-new software and hardware business. You will also take over a base of accounts (approximately 15-20) with expectations to grow existing business. Local travel is required.
- Prospect, cold call and develop new business relationships/customer accounts in local geographic region
- Develop existing customer partnerships through consultative selling in local geographic region
- Meet with and present to prospects and customers in a live atmosphere
- Manage monthly appointment activity and sales calls
- Provide consultation to customers regarding the purchase of both software and hardware products
- Educate customers on the value and necessity of licensing solutions
- Work closely with the professional services team to create and implement customized solutions for the client
- Follow up with current clientele to ensure strong service and to recognize opportunities to sell additional solutions or services
- Present and market Softchoice's customer centric sales model
- Market and leverage our vendor/distribution channel partnerships to ensure best value, pricing and support for customers
- Work with internal sales and operational groups to ensure customer transactions are processed accurately and efficiently
- Keep updated on product and industry knowledge
- Attend product training as required
- Maintain a stellar relationship with peers and the Outside sales team from your region
- BA/BS Degree
- Ability to commute to our office in Toronto (while not in front of clients)
- Previous experience in a business-to-business sales environment - technology LAR or VAR experience strongly preferred
- High level of commitment to exceptional customer service and relationship building
- Understanding of solution selling and creating value for business clients
- Solid business acumen and understanding of how to manage a sales funnel
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem solving, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work both individually and in a team environment
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast paced and constantly changing environment
- Proficiency in MS Office tools – Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint Experience in the Technology industry preferred
Need more convincing that Softchoice is your next best workplace?
- Meaningful work that drives professional development
- Meaningful work that makes a difference
- Ability to grow within the technology industry and unleash your potential
- Ability to enter and grow within the technology industry
- A company that has a clear, winning strategy
- The opportunity to invest in Softchoice through our employee investment plan
- Being a part of a winning, high performance team
- Every employee gets two paid volunteer days per year
- We serve large and mid-sized clients from a variety of industries
- We’ve raised over $1.5 Million through Softchoice Cares
- Employees have access to a green commute subsidy
- Our annual company-wide Launch event
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Our monthly Beer Cart (and dog-friendly office!)
- 1st day benefits coverage for you and your family
- A company ranked as one of Canada's ‘Best Workplaces’ for 11 consecutive years!
Softchoice is one of the largest technology solution providers in North America! We are an influential, growth-oriented organization determined to enable our people, our clients, our partners and the communities we serve to realize their potential. Our unique culture fosters a friendly, open-minded workplace where employees are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work. As a member of a dynamic, high-performing team, each Softchoice employee is hungry to learn, valued for their contribution, and approaches each day excited to make an impact.