Master Data Governance Analyst
Your passion for data management and analytics will establish new levels of data integrity and client service.
Use your data management, analytical and interpersonal skills to work collaboratively with internal stakeholders to identify and deliver accurate, relevant information to management and business units. Actively participate in key business initiatives including knowledge exchange, process improvements and strategic planning.
As a Master Data Governance Analyst, you will be responsible for:
- Maintain Master Data policies and procedures to ensure data meets defined quality targets.
- Develop and design an audit methodology that quantifies data quality and verifies usability of data.
- Work with various departments to determine root cause of data problems and identify requirements to address problem or implement process improvement initiatives.
- Continuously identify opportunities to automate data analysis to increase efficiencies and enhance data accessibility and quality.
- Assess analytical tools and identify opportunities to enhance existing capabilities and increase quality in order to deliver meaningful data analysis.
- Assist in development of analytical techniques and data quality monitoring.
- Analyze data to identify and investigate data quality issues; documenting data quality issues and identifying ways to improve data quality.
- Participate in development and delivery of internal education and knowledge exchange sessions relating to data quality.
- Manage large data sets and navigating variety of data types and data structures to complete analyses, including ability to summarize, quality check, evaluate data and provide recommendations based on data trends.
- Coordinate and respond to analytic requests and demonstrate ability to change direction and adhere to short timelines.
- Ensure data integrity and compliancy but maintaining data accuracy and completeness.
- Manage requests from sales force, managers and other departments related to creating and updating master data and operations data.
- Be knowledgeable on all other Operational departments and their general roles and responsibilities to ensure ability to facilitate issues which may require engaging other departments.
- Understand information technology concepts of data models and processes as it pertains to database management
- Assist in implementation of policies for setting up, maintaining, validating, and cleansing client data.
- Maintain changes to data process maps, writing technical procedures and documentation of processes and support ongoing audit requirements.
- Act as subject matter expert and support corporate projects to ensure processes meet data policies and procedures best practices.
- Assist management in defining guidelines and key performance indicator for all master data parameters, and build/maintain data governance framework.
- Assist with various tools and documents for projects within Master Data department.
- Provide weekly and monthly reporting and analysis from which the business can be viewed, monitored and managed.
- Develop standardized reports that provide necessary data to measure business performance and analyze trends.
As our ideal candidate, you have:
- Minimum Education – College Diploma, University Degree in Business Admin, Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent experience preferred.
- Minimum 1-2 years IT experience in data analysis, governance and/or project co-ordination.
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in a Master Data role or Business Analysis role.
- Experience with Product Information Management (PIM), Asset Management, Master Data Management (MDM) and Customer Relationship Management (CRM).
- Ability to work in cross-functional environment with all levels of management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with strong orientation towards team-based work environments, as well as able to work independently.
- Ability to thrive in high energy, demanding and team-oriented environment.
- Self-driven, motivated to excel, able to work with minimal supervision, and maintain productivity in a fast-paced and, at times, high- pressure environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and able to interact professionally with senior management. Able to foster strong partnerships with other business units.
- Creative, out-of-the-box thinker with strong conceptual and problem solving skills.
- Very strong organization and process skills, including the ability to organize data, document processes and procedures.
- Detail-oriented, able to handle multiple tasks, and adapt quickly to changing needs of business to meet deadlines.
- Forward thinking, change agility, work collaboratively and eager to present new ideas.
- Passion for master data technologies with an aptitude for solving business problems using statistics.
- Excellent analysis skills and problem solving skills, proven technical leadership and process improvement track record.
- Ability to translate data into information for non-analysts, including strong data visualization and report writing skills.
- Technical aptitude and curious to clarify business, data and analytical issues.
- Knowledge of data quality concepts, tools, methodologies and practices and able to apply them to variety of data.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and advanced knowledge of MS Office Suite.
- Proficient in one or more of the following: SQL, PL/SQL Developer, SQL Toad Developer, SQL Oracle 11.1g, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio, BI Report Systems, R programming language, R Studio, Python, VBA, Unified Modeling Language (UML), Microsoft SQL Reporting Services.
- Knowledge of conceptual, logical, physical, and dimensional data modeling.
Need more convincing this is the right next step in your career? Here are the reasons why folks love working here!
- Softchoice has been recognized as a Best Workplace in Canada by the Great Place to Work Institute for 12 consecutive years
- Softchoice certified as a Great Place to Work in the United States (2016)
- Meaningful work that drives professional development
- Ability to enter and grow within the technology industry
- Being part of a winning, high performance team
- Every employee gets two paid volunteer days per year
- We serve large and mid-sized clients from a variety of industries
- We’ve raised over $2 Million through our staff-run charity Softchoice Cares
- Our monthly beer cart and annual company-wide Launch event (all 1,350 of us under one roof – it’s epic!)
- 1 in 5 employees have invested in an ownership position in Softchoice
Softchoice is one of the largest IT solutions and Managed Services providers in North America! We are an influential, growth-oriented organization determined to enable our people, our clients, our partners and the communities we serve to realize their potential.
Please note that we will review your application and only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted directly. However, we will retain your application on file and would be pleased to contact you if further opportunities arise.
*Note: Completion of a satisfactory criminal record check, education verification and reference checks are required prior to employment.
Softchoice is proud to provide employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodations, please indicate this on your application/cover letter and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. *AODA