Master Data Coordinator - 8 Month Fall Co-op
The Master Data Team is responsible for the establishment, maintenance and execution of master data policies and workflow management. The primary focus is to proactively maintain the integrity and accuracy of the client, product and vendor databases. Utilizing technical tools such as SQL and R to create analytics, models, and reports to monitor each master data domain. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Master Data -Operations this incumbent is responsible for managing the policies that govern Softchoice’s Master Data including acquisition of data, transformation, and handoff to downstream systems to ensure compliance.
We’re looking for people who:
- Work effectively with Master Data subject matter experts to create internal procedures, review processes, and ensure procedures and associated documents are accurate
- Maintain changes to data process maps, document new processes and support ongoing audit requirements
- Transition existing, documented department processes into updated formats
- Evaluate documents for completeness and accuracy
- Interface with personnel at various levels of the organization to capture details of cross-functional interactions related to Master Data processes
- Are knowledgeable on all other Operational departments and their general roles and responsibilities to ensure the ability to facilitate issues which may require engaging other departments
As our ideal candidate, you'll also have:
- Enrollment in a Business or Computer Science related program at the junior or intermediate level with the co-op option
- Excellent business communication and interpersonal skills with strong orientation towards team-based work environments, as well as the ability to work independently
- Very strong organization and process skills, including the ability to organize data, document processes and procedures
- Exceptional time management skills
- The ability to work in a fast paced and constantly changing business environment
- Enhanced leadership qualities and ability to take initiative
- Proficiencies in Excel, Outlook, Word, Visio, and PowerPoint
- Beginner technical developing skills in any of the following: SQL, PL/SQL Developer, SQL Toad Developer, SQL Oracle 11.1g, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio, BI Report Systems, R programming language, R Studio, Python, VBA, Unified Modeling Language (UML), Microsoft SQL Reporting Services
- Ability to research, learn and use new programs and tools
Softchoice is one of the largest IT solutions and Managed Services providers in North America! We are an influential, growth-oriented organization determined to enable our people, our clients, our partners and the communities we serve to realize their potential. Our unique culture fosters a friendly, open-minded workplace where employees are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work. As a member of a dynamic, high-performing team, each Softchoice employee is hungry to learn, valued for their contribution, and approaches each day excited to make an impact.
To apply for the position: If Softchoice and this role sound like a dream come true; please take a moment to apply within your University/College.
In addition, please apply online at http://www.softchoice.com/careers. If your experience matches with our current needs, our friendly Campus Talent Advisor will be in touch with you!
*Note: Completion of a satisfactory criminal record check is required prior to employment.
Again, thank you for your interest in a co-op at Softchoice!