Master Data Associate - 3 Month Contract
Master Data Associate: Let Data Ignite Your Fire….
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Operations, the Master Data Associate is responsible for providing ongoing support to the Renewals Team in the creation and maintenance of our renewal contracts, in addition to maintaining and managing the integrity of all master data.
At Softchoice, we are constantly looking for ways to better serve our clients by providing them with the best experience in the industry, while helping to unleash the potential of our teams. You’re highly organized, love all things data, and thinking outside the box is your thing. If you like working as part of a fast-paced team, are intellectually curious, and pair customer-centric focus with high attention to detail, then a Master Data role at Softchoice is for you!
Your mission – should you choose to accept- is ….
Softchoice is a forward-looking, growth-oriented technology solutions provider. Your mission as a Master Data Associate at Softchoice is to execute best in class master data management principles to drive, sustain, and improve customer and product master data quality and to add new data in a timely and effective manner to support ongoing operations. You will work closely with your peers, vendors and management to accurately quote software and hardware renewals. This will include maintaining services level agreements, delivering accurate quotes and pricing to various business units within Sales.
We’re looking for people who:
- Prepare quotes for all hardware and software transactional renewals
- Achieve monthly renewal completion targets by ensuring renewal quotes are processed prior to expiration
- Ensure that CRM is regularly updated for easy tracking of results (completed, won and lost stats)
- Work with manufacturers to obtain renewal quotes while developing vendor relationships to ensure quick turnaround time on quote requests
- Work closely with internal sales team to create a united front to the customer and identify revenue opportunities
- Initiate item set-up and updates for manufacturer part numbers
- Are responsible for master data entry and maintenance based on compliant master data policies
- Drive compliance to established Data Management policies, processes and published Service Level Agreements (SLAs), while maintaining data accuracy and eliminating variability
- Work directly with Master Data Governance and internal business partners to ensure data submissions are compliant with internal audit requirements, troubleshoot, identify data quality and process improvement opportunities
- Prioritize work area and work on tactical initiatives relating to item records, inter-departmental processes and customer related projects
- Able to prepare and maintain accurate documentation of processes and procedures and support ongoing audit requirements
As our ideal candidate you will have:
- Minimum Education – College Diploma; University Bachelor’s degree is an asset
- 1 year prior experience in a Master Data role is preferred
- Financial and operational acumen is recommended
- Ability to work shift work within core coverage hours between 8:00am to 8:00pm (EST) and the ability to support a Canadian or US operational coverage model
- Ability to work in a cross-functional environment with all levels of management
- Excellent interpersonal skills with strong orientation towards high energy team based work environments
- Self-driven attitude, motivated to excel, ability to work with minimal supervision, and maintain productivity
- Comfort in dealing with ambiguity, negotiation, and handling confidential information
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with senior management and other business units
- Creative, out-of-the-box thinking, with high change agility and strong conceptual and problem solving skills
- Very strong organization and process skills
- Detail-oriented focus, able to handle multiple tasks with prioritization, and adapt quickly to changing needs of the business to meet deadlines
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
Need more convincing that Softchoice is your next best workplace?
- Meaningful work that drives professional development
- Meaningful work that makes a difference
- Ability to grow within the technology industry and unleash your potential
- Ability to enter and grow within the technology industry
- A company that has a clear, winning strategy
- The opportunity to invest in Softchoice through our employee investment plan
- Being a part of a winning, high performance team
- Every employee gets two paid volunteer days per year
- We serve large and mid-sized clients from a variety of industries
- We’ve raised over $1.5 Million through Softchoice Cares
- Employees have access to a green commute subsidy
- Our annual company-wide Launch event
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Our monthly Beer Cart (and dog-friendly office!)
- 1st day benefits coverage for you and your family
- A company ranked as one of Canada's ‘Best Workplaces’ for 10 consecutive years!
Softchoice is one of the largest technology solution providers in North America! We are an influential, growth-oriented organization determined to enable our people, our clients, our partners and the communities we serve to realize their potential. Our unique culture fosters a friendly, open-minded workplace where employees are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work. As a member of a dynamic, high-performing team, each Softchoice employee is hungry to learn, valued for their contribution, and approaches each day excited to make an impact.