The Billing Analyst is responsible for the day-to-day administrative billing needs within Softchoice. This includes support to the AR function and customer billing needs by providing timely and accurate invoicing requests including credit rebills, adjustments and ongoing account reconciliation and sales support. The function will ensure the reliability and consistency in the custom invoice creation relative to our business practices. This person will ensure that order entry processes have enough controls and flexibility to produce accurate and timely invoices to our customers. Adhoc and system billing will be added to this responsibility. This person will ensure the smooth-end-to-end process of billing needs – from system-generated credit/rebills and adjustments to internal manual billing requirements.
You will work with the Manager, Billing Operations and the team to accurately track and flag issues around order entry processes have enough controls and flexibility to produce accurate and timely invoices to our customers.
This role will have with daily interactions with internal customers through Telephone, Email, Office Communicator Messenger and On-site. They may be a need for occasional interaction with external customers, primarily via email.
Your mission as a Billing Analyst at Softchoice—should you choose to accept—is to:
- Analyzing billing requests to ensure they fit company policies and procedures
- Completing billing requests via rampart system for internal customer requests including Sales, AR and Credit
- Pulling and suppressing invoices, Manual invoices
- Consolidating invoices; changing bill to account address; adding pertinent information; billing to match customer PO; pre-invoicing; indicating extended terms when provided by our Credit Team; currency exchange; SEWP; split invoicing; to correct taxes based on credit or debit tax adjustment processed by our Tax Team
- Credit Rebill: Perform analysis and make decision if can be adjusted or not
- Delivery Adjustment: Review and obtain approval before completion
- Price Adjustment: Review, obtain approval and request for adjustment skus to be created if needed which required product analysis to submit to stakeholders
- Problem-Solving: Review, define and resolve issues for internal clients relating to billing
- Daily interactions to their peers and above including Supervisors, Managers, Branch Managers, Outbound Sales, District Managers, Sales, Operations, Services and Billing to resolve issues
- Educating internal customers on policies and procedures to ensure customers are given accurate information.
- Conference calls with sales for customer enquiries to ensure customer satisfaction with our billing systems
- Identify and address areas of improvement on processes and procedures
- Participate in departmental adhoc projects where customer service or process issues arise
- Provide support and backup for tracking partner invoices for teaming
- Maintain all other adhoc billing requests
- Assist other team members in billing operation functions
- Provide coverage for each other when short staffed
- Provide coverage on month/quarter/year ends and holidays
We’re looking for people who:
- Are highly motivated to win
- Are action oriented
- Have strong time management skills and the proven ability to prioritize work
- Have strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
As our ideal candidate you will have:
- Post-Secondary education in accounting or a related business curriculum obtained at a community college or one or more professional designations
- Up to 3 years’ of working experience in billing
- Basic understanding of Accounting Principles
- Demonstrate the ability to problem solve
- Evidence excellent organizational skills
- Able to work independently with minimal managerial input
- Receptiveness, detail oriented, sensitiveness when engaging in a potential issue, Data input, and data recording
- Consistently demonstrate initiative, positive attitude, professional mannerisms and commitment to personal, team and company goals
- Very good knowledge at Excel is essential
- Flexibility is key to success
Need more convincing this is the right next step in your career? Here are the reasons why folks love working here!
- Softchoice has been recognized as a Best Workplace in Canada by the Great Place to Work Institute for 12 consecutive years
- Softchoice certified as a Great Place to Work in the United States (2016)
- Meaningful work that drives professional development
- Ability to enter and grow within the technology industry
- Being part of a winning, high performance team
- Every employee gets two paid volunteer days per year
- We serve large and mid-sized clients from a variety of industries
- We’ve raised over $2 Million through our staff-run charity Softchoice Cares
- 1 in 5 employees have invested in an ownership position in Softchoice
Softchoice is one of the largest IT solutions and Managed Services providers in North America! We are an influential, growth-oriented organization determined to enable our people, our clients, our partners and the communities we serve to realize their potential. Our unique culture fosters a friendly, open-minded workplace where employees are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work. As a member of a dynamic, high-performing team, each Softchoice employee is hungry to learn, valued for their contribution, and approaches each day excited to make an impact.
We would like to thank you personally for applying to Softchoice.
Please note that we will review your application and only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted directly. However, we will retain your application on file and would be pleased to contact you if further opportunities arise.
*Note: Completion of a satisfactory criminal record check, education verification and reference checks are required prior to employment.
Softchoice is proud to provide employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodations, please indicate this on your application/cover letter and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. *AODA
Again, thank you for your interest in a career at Softchoice!