Associate Support Engineer
- 2+ years networking experience (e.g. network administrator role, CCNA preferred)
- Experience with Windows Server 2008
- Hands on experience with Monitoring application/software and service ticketing tools
- To monitor a large number of client environments simultaneously
- Respond to all alerts within the Service Level Agreement
- Investigate all alerts to determine their validity
- Identify root cause where possible
- Organize the follow up of alerts where required
- Sense of urgency in responding to critical alarms
- Determining software or hardware failure and processing of defective gear
- Be involved in service deliverables such moves/adds/changes and reporting
- Escalate any potential problems and client support issues to vendors as per SLA contract
- Monitor and analyze clients environments, providing recommendations for continuous improvements
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with colleagues, customers and suppliers – in person, on the phone and by written communications
- Support field teams as needed during project delivery and transition to support
- Proven troubleshooting, analysis and problem solving skills
- Excellent organization and time management
- Fast Learner and ability to work independently is extremely important
- Strong ability to multi-task between high priority tasks
- Strong ability to adhere to strict procedural response
- Availability to work various shifts covering 24/7 call center which includes weekend and holiday coverage
- Preference will be given to bilingual candidates English/French
- Post-secondary education obtained at community college or university or equivalent industry certification(s)
Need more convincing that Softchoice is your next best workplace?
- Meaningful work that drives professional development
- Meaningful work that makes a difference
- Ability to grow within the technology industry and unleash your potential
- Ability to enter and grow within the technology industry
- A company that has a clear, winning strategy
- The opportunity to invest in Softchoice through our employee investment plan
- Being a part of a winning, high performance team
- Every employee gets two paid volunteer days per year
- We serve large and mid-sized clients from a variety of industries
- We’ve raised over $1.5 Million through Softchoice Cares
- Employees have access to a green commute subsidy
- Our annual company-wide Launch event
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Our monthly Beer Cart (and dog-friendly office!)
- 1st day benefits coverage for you and your family
- A company ranked as one of Canada's ‘Best Workplaces’ for 10 consecutive years!
Softchoice is one of the largest technology solution providers in North America! We are an influential, growth-oriented organization determined to enable our people, our clients, our partners and the communities we serve to realize their potential. Our unique culture fosters a friendly, open-minded workplace where employees are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work. As a member of a dynamic, high-performing team, each Softchoice employee is hungry to learn, valued for their contribution, and approaches each day excited to make an impact.
Please note that we will review your application and only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted directly. However, we will retain your application on file and would be pleased to contact you if further opportunities arise.
*Note: Completion of a satisfactory criminal record check, education verification and reference checks are required prior to employment.
Again, thank you for your interest in Softchoice.