Associate Assessment Technical Consultant
An Assessments Technical Consultant will be tasked with analyzing and ultimately managing customer consultations from Pre-Sales to Deliverable handover. They are expected to manage milestones and client communication throughout the project. As an “expert” within the various portfolios, the role requires an ability to effectively transfer and distill knowledge. Portfolio’s include but are not limited to Cisco, Desktop and Server Virtualization, Datacenter, Cloud and Storage.
The Softchoice Assessment Services are designed to help our customers save time, money, and reduce their exposure to risk in key areas within defined IT categories such as Datacenter, Networking, Storage and Cloud.
As our Associate Assessment Technical Consultant, you will:
- Engage with customer to perform data collection which includes but is not limited to setting up remote connections and analysis tools on the customer’s environment or guiding the customer through the setup activities.
- Utilizes standard, analytical techniques to resolve standard technology issues
- Use standard tools and techniques to complete an analysis of the customer data against their business requirements
- Conducts simple as well as minor complex activities associated with own area of technical expertise to achieve defined results
- Track project activities and milestones within Salesforce to provide visibility to stakeholders
- Maintain and manage strong ongoing relationships with internal stakeholders
- Manage point in time relationship with external clients
- Create the customer facing deliverable document based on standard templates
- Works under supervision responding to non-complex queries from stakeholders
- Specialize in at least 1 core technology and provide input on best practice, standards and tools to continue enhancing the solution and their deliverable
- Focus training & development on ramping technical depth to support all offerings
- Provide regular input on technical practices/process and resources related to own portfolio
- Shadowing more tenured consultants
As our ideal candidate you’ll also have:
- Post-Secondary Degree/Diploma
- At least 1 year of experience in a technical client facing role
- Relevant vendor certifications are a strong asset
- Proficiency with MS Office
- Strong customer service skills to provide guidance to clients in a professional manner
- Strong sense of accountability
- Work well in a team environment
Need more convincing this is the right next step in your career? Here are the reasons why folks love working here!
- Softchoice has been recognized as a Best Workplace in Canada by the Great Place to Work Institute for 12 consecutive years
- Softchoice certified as a Great Place to Work in the United States (2016)
- Meaningful work that drives professional development
- Ability to enter and grow within the technology industry
- Being part of a winning, high performance team
- Every employee gets two paid volunteer days per year
- We serve large and mid-sized clients from a variety of industries
- We’ve raised over $2 Million through our staff-run charity Softchoice Cares
- 1 in 5 employees have invested in an ownership position in Softchoice
Softchoice is one of the largest IT solutions and Managed Services providers in North America! We are an influential, growth-oriented organization determined to enable our people, our clients, our partners and the communities we serve to realize their potential. Our unique culture fosters a friendly, open-minded workplace where employees are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work. As a member of a dynamic, high-performing team, each Softchoice employee is hungry to learn, valued for their contribution, and approaches each day excited to make an impact.
We would like to thank you personally for applying to Softchoice.
Please note that we will review your application and only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted directly. However, we will retain your application on file and would be pleased to contact you if further opportunities arise. Again, thank you for your interest in a career at Softchoice!
*Note: Completion of a satisfactory criminal record check, education verification and reference checks are required prior to employment.